This is kind of a random post, but I feel like I haven’t just sat and blogged lately, just put my fingers to the keyboard and typed out whatever…
I haven’t had much energy to do all the of posts I have been hoping to write, I have been keeping a list in my phone and still hope to do them one day when, *fingers crossed,* my energy returns.
So without further ado, here is a general bulleted look inside my brain right now…
- Last week we were able to sneak away to visit Zack’s family down South and it was so great! It was a much needed break from work and we managed to cram our summer relaxing into 5 short days. It was glorious.
1. My pillow setup for the long car ride. 2. We love roadtrips. 3. My handsome husband enjoying coffee in our favorite little town to visit. :)
- For the past year or so we have been listening to all the Harry Potter audio books during our long roadtrips. It has been awesome to share my love for HP with Zack who isn’t much of a reader… and it keeps him awake while driving which I obviously love too! Sadly, we just finished the last one!! Any suggestions for good audiobooks? HP will be hard to beat, but we’re open to suggestions.
- At my next prenatal appointment I have to do the glucose test and for some reason I am really dreading it. I’m just worried I will get sick everywhere and have to do it all again… and of course I’m also nervous about getting the results! I haven’t been able to really eat very well throughout this pregnancy, and I don’t know if that helps prevent gestational diabetes (?) but I am just stressing about it.
- Other than that worry I have been so surprised with myself throughout this pregnancy. It is my general nature to worry and over prepare for everything. But thus far this has not been the case. Yes, I worried a lot during the first trimester which I think is normal, but after 20 weeks those really diminished. Zack has been very proud that I haven’t been stressing as much as he expected… and I am actually proud of myself too. I think it has been a total God thing, there’s no way I could normally be like this. I found the above image below when I first found out I was pregnant, and I read it when I get those little doubts creeping in. It has been really helpful!
- This past Sunday night we were able to watch our sweet niece Harper overnight for the first time! She is such a joy and we had so much fun! Unfortunately, Zack worked late the night before, and we both had to work early the next day… so our time with her was limited, but we are already looking forward to our next little sleepover with her. :)
Well, that’s all for now… I am hoping to get a “bumpdate” up this Friday, but we will see. Thanks for bearing with me during this weird little blogging hiatus. I appreciate all of you. :)