Saturday, December 15, 2012

Tis the Season!

One thing you should know about me upfront, is my love for Christmas. No joke, Christmas time is my absolute favorite. Something about this time of year makes me extremely sentimental, I am constantly humming a Christmas tune or reflecting on the true meaning of the season.
This will be our 2nd married Christmas and our 1st in our new home! I made getting a Christmas tree a priority this year…even over unpacking our boxes! I can’t wait to put some pictures on the blog of our decorations, our Christmas cards that we are sending out, and all the fun things we have been doing to celebrate!

First though, I decided to kick off the Christmas season on this blog with a little survey I found on Sweet Tooth Sweet Life.

1. Favorite Christmas Album/CD/Song? One of my favorrrrite Christmas songs is Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas Is You. It is currently my ringtone ANNNND the little jingle at the beginning is my text tone. Yes, I’m obsessed.

2. Run on Christmas morning or take the day off? Umm, no running for me. We always stay in our PJ’s and head straight for the presents. Smile  3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning? My parents will usually make a big breakfast of french toast, bacon, hashbrowns, and fruit. So delicious!  4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition? Ever since I was little I have loved Christmas Eve the best. My dad’s side of the family is pretty large and we all get together to celebrate. My cousin, sister, and I usually plan some sort of ridiculous outfit to wear… it’s overall a great time. We have a big gift exchange and just soak up each other’s company, I get all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.
Crazy outfits from Christmas’ past.
 
photo_thumb[6]ang1_thumb[3]   yep…that’s a robe folks.
 
1732_503934305913_107_n_thumb[3]224687_502681686173_3797_n_thumb[3]231097_502674385803_4399_n_thumb[3]
 5. Real tree, fake tree or no tree? Real. Always!  6. Christmas pajamas… yay or nay? Yay! We always open up PJ’s on Christmas Eve night before we go to bed. Smile  7. Where do you spend the holidays? It was hard for me last year to realize that since I’m now married I have another family to celebrate with. It’s great because it is double the Christmas…but it’s hard adapting to new traditions. Christmas Eve will be spent with my family at my parents’ house. Then, Christmas morning will will open presents and head to the airport. Last year we drove 5 hours, but this year we opted to save time by flying. Zack’s family is in Southern Oregon so we get to spend time with them Christmas day, and 3 more days too!  8. Food that you always have during the holiday season? Favorite Christmas food/treat? Cookies galore! Christmas Eve we have a casual spread of sandwich stuff and butterball soup. (A secret family recipe…not what it sounds like.) Then Christmas day Zack’s grandma makes her special family recipe of chicken and noodles over mashed potatoes. Sounds funny but it’s delicious!  9. Open presents all at once or take turns? We take turns.  10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie? I have a few. I love White Christmas! I also love Home Alone, The Family Stone, Elf, Miracle on 34th Street, and The Holiday. Oh oh and one more, when I was little I watched a movie called Borrowed Hearts, anyone else ever seen it? I absolutely LOVE it! I’d love to hear your answers too! If this doesn’t get you in the Christmas spirit, I don’t know what will! Smile










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)