Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Random Thoughts

1. I am in need of a vacation.  Seriously, something tropical like these pictures would be perfect… #inmydreams

416851_521791799353_2080441846_n420253_521791949053_393702821_n423810_521789743473_105989891_n431075_521789483993_393423013_n

[our honeymoons circa October 2011]

2. My friends and I had our annual ugly sweater party and I was just tagged in the pics.  Given my history of over the top Christmas outfits, are you curious to see this year’s choice?

64958_10100530608967368_1822712820_n

Kept it reeeeeeeal classy.  Minus the face, and the wine. :) We did a “favorite things party” inspired by many links on Pinterest (including this one!) Each person brought 5 of the same gifts under $5.  Just so happens all but 2 people brought booze of some sort… I did not get the memo, whoops!  I highly recommend this type of party though, it was amazing!  Here’s what I brought… (We can call this tangent 2a.)

01363056000_20120112080233951

A Sally Hansen mint sorbet nail polish.  Surprised?

147352219029463195_1JdwJCrx_b

A mini Bath and Body Works “Tis the Season” candle.  Heavenlyyyyy scent! (Though sadly out of season/stock.  I recommend you stock up next year!)

Bath-and-Body%20Works-hand-sanitizers

And finally a mini holiday themed Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer…(also out of season/stock) because I may or may not be a germaphobe.  Let’s just say my friends were not in shock when they received one of these as my “favorite things.”

3. My birthday is in 8 days.  I may or may not be internally freaking out about turning 25. 

35nggp

picture via

This may sound selfish, but every year I expect my birthday to be so amazing and over the top exciting, and every year *surprise surprise* I am disappointed.  This year I have vowed to not have overwhelming expectations for the day.  I am going to plan my own day, doing exactly what I want to do so that I am not disappointed in others for not reading my mind. 

I am going to have a great day regardless of who does or doesn’t call/email/write on my facebook wall. 

I’m going to keep a smile even if/when my plans for the day fall through.

I am going to rejoice and thank God that I made it to 25 years old…because not everyone is lucky enough to do so.  I am a very blessed girl and I am going to remember it, on my birthday especially.

I’m also going to give my mama a giaaaaaaant hug for giving birth to me 25 years ago…because she deserves it! :)

422306_521797542843_161604081_n

What are your thoughts on birthdays? Favorite day of the year, or big disappointment?

7 comments:

  1. You should absolutely do what YOU want to do on your birthday. It is your special day. When you get as old as me you realize that. My birthday is 2 weeks before Christmas and I was shafted my whole life with the combo birthday/Christmas gift and never had a birthday party because it was too close to Christmas. Once I became an adult I started throwing my own birthday parties and doing what I wanted on my special day. Believe me, you will not be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did always think that would be rough. My dad's birthday is on New Year's Eve and his whole life he had to convince people to hang out with him on his birthday...now he hates it every year! I don't want to be like that, I want birthdays to be fun and exciting. Thanks for the input, I am absolutely going to plan my own festivities this year and not let my overthinking get the best of me! :)

      Delete
  2. Great and interesting post. I like it.
    I also invite you to my blog. ;)
    Yours. Have a nice day.
     
    You can also find me on the fanpage and keep track of my work:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-another-light/413836138693856?ref=stream ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look forward to my birthday, but the past few years have been disasters so I try not to have such high expectations anymore. My birthday is in 6 days and I kinda feel weird about it now that I'm a mom! lol. Like, I just feel silly opening presents and stuff for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to not be a downer on your birthday! You want to be happy and grateful, but at the same time you have such expectations in your head...it's hard. Your birthday is the 22nd? Mine is the 23rd! I hope you have a great day and remember how blessed you are to be alive with such a great little family. :) (And I will try and do the same too!)

      Delete
  4. I do the same thing with birthdays! Then I feel like a big dramatic jerk for expecting so much from other people afterward. I have tried to curb my expectations and just be happy with the day as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like such a common thing? I wonder why people don't talk about this more...I bet we would feel less like jerks if we knew it was normal. :)

      Delete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)