Monday, January 7, 2013

What I’m Loving Right Now

The plague is going around my family…ok not necessarily the plague but some awful sort of cold/flu.  It’s not fun, let me tell you.  My sister, dad, brother-in-law and mother-in-law all had it.  I stocked up on the vitamin c, took my vitamins, drank lots of coconut water to get my electrolytes…no such luck.  On Friday night I got home after a great day at Ikea, and it hit me hard.  I started to feel a little off, and by Sunday I was shaking uncontrollably with a fever.  I’m feeling a bit better today, but not 100%.  I was supposed to go to a Blazer game tonight with my sister, and out to eat at my favorite place Henry’s, instead I’ll be in bed with my applesauce and pudding…the only thing I’ve eaten for 3 days.

To distract myself from this pity party I’ve been throwing myself, I want to focus on the great things that I’ve been enjoying lately.

01363056000_20120112080233951

photo via

This Sally Hansen “Mint Sorbet” color has been on my nails since Saturday.  I absolutely love it!  For some reason nail polish does not stay very well on my nails, but this specific color does not chip off like the others.  It’s my favorite!

tumblr_lysb7s3p751qkihg0o2_400

Is it just me, or is Friends on TV every time you need something to watch?  It has been great knowing that I can find Friends on TV on some channel 97% of the time.  It has made my sick days worthwhile. :)

1274426_Mushroom

My Sunbeam electric blanket has been such an amazing thing.  While feverish and shaking from being so cold I’ve found myself wrapped in layers under this thing.  A lifesaver!  Also, with dual controls so Zack doesn’t die from heat stroke on his side of the bed.

il_570xN_366725107_jhei

This print from Katygirl Designs is a gift that I' ordered for Zack for Christmas.  He loves this verse, and I thought it would be the perfect addition to our home! Now just to figure out where to hang it…

Sendker_ArtofhearingheatbeatsFINAL

This book by Jan-Philipp Sendker was a great read.  It was an interesting story that kept me captivated through the very last page.  I would recommend it for sure.

What are you loving right now?  I’d love to hear from others about their favorite things…or what gets them through lonely sick days at home.

1 comment:

  1. OMG Sally Hansen has the best nail polishes ever! They are the cheapest ones in the store and they last the longest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)