Monday, February 18, 2013

25 things about my favorite 25 year old.

11111

Today is my husband’s 25th birthday.  I know, I know, I may be a bit of a cougar…but can you blame me?!  In honor of this special day I wanted to share 25 things about this man, my other half. :)

1. I love his heart.  He loves Jesus and inspires me in new ways to become a better person. 

2. He is the funniest person I know.  He makes me laugh on a daily basis, a quality that I value so much!

262207_514330317223_4498151_n

3. He shares my love for ice cream.  This is a newer development.  It’s taken a few years, but he officially loves ice cream almost more than I do…which is a lot!

4. We can have fun together no matter what we are doing.  No joke.  We are always laughing and having the best time.

270430_514330192473_4049904_n

5. I knew he was mine from the first time I laid eyes on him.  Seriously.  I took a trip to Italy with my school and one of my friends on the trip kept talking about this guy, Zack, and how I needed to date him because we would be perfect together.  I was not interested… When we got home we decided to carpool to church one week and Zack was coming with us.  The moment I saw him I was drawn to him and knew he would be mine one day…I tried to be extra funny and charming in the car…Zack does not remember this.  Eventually it worked out, but no thanks to my attempts at humor. :)

6. He can only wink one eye.  I thought this was so silly when I learned it.  I did not even know this was possible.  It’s turned into a little quirk about him that I love…and I love to have him show people… Not sure he is too excited about that part of it.

180722_510075957993_3216925_n

7. He will be the best father…one day.  There is no doubt in my mind that he will be so great to our future children!  I can’t wait to see him as a dad… one day.  Not anytime soon. ;-)

180767_510075938033_2797288_n

8. He makes the best coffee.  I am one of those people that always thinks other people’s food tastes better than my own, so this is no surprise.  But I think he’s the best barista/broista around.

9. He is the most selfless person I know.  He always puts others ahead of himself.  It is super admirable and I am trying to be more like him in this area of my life.

10. He’s a sleeper.  This used to be the only thing we would fight about.  He sleeps, like a lot…It’s gotten a lot better thanks to his change in work hours, but it is a funny little quirk that we have had to overcome… :)

550160_524218885453_76569213_n

11. His favorite color is purple.  This is unusual for your average guy, but I love that he is not ashamed.

12. He is one of the only people that can call me out on things...without me being offended.  Zack is the nicest guy I know…so when he calls me out on something, I know it’s true. 

13. He cares about the little things. For instance, this Christmas I designed some Foldable Me’s as one of his little presents.  He LOVED them.  He immediately took them out of the package and started folding them together.  It was probably his favorite gift almost, and I love that about him.

14. He loves Mountain Dew.  I hate this…BUT, this year he decided to give it up for lent after I chose something difficult to give up.  He is seriously supportive of every aspect of my life, and it’s silly…but this is an example of just how amazing he is.

15. He is a family man.  I have a huge extended family, and so does he.  I think this is what makes us so great together because we both are super close to our families.  It’s not typically common for people to be super close with their cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.  but we both are, and we understand that about each other.

308516_517467959363_1380294023_n

16. And on that note…He has the BEST family.  I love this about him because it has shaped who he is today!  Annndddd it is so great to love to be around your in-laws.

17. He has a seriously great work ethic.  Back before the move when I was not enjoying work he would remind me that it was just that, work.  Yes, it’s important to work hard and be successful, but it does not define who you are.

18. He’s got great eyes.

183006_1571380609847_7509288_n

19. He puts up with my weirdness.  I could go on forever about my weird little quirks and habits…but the one I love that he puts up with most is this… I love when we brush our teeth together.  Is this weird?  I always say, “The couple that brushes together, stays together.”  Yep, I’m loony tunes….but he loves me for me. :)

20. He is so wise!  He will roll his eyes at this, but he is honestly one of the wisest people I know.  He has taught me so much in the 4 years we have been together.

21. He buys me flowers.  I love this. 

22. He always shares his food with me.  This is a big deal…because I take food very seriously.

24208_507254357503_8192060_n

23. He tucks me into bed.  Now that we have more normal work schedules I have turned into the sleeper in this relationship…(see #10) I will often go to bed before he is ready to, but he will always come tuck me in!  I’m kind of a baby, but he deals with it. :)

24. He is seriously good at quoting things.  Movies, tv shows, etc.  He can watch something once and quote entire parts of it.  It amazes me, the person who can quote 3 movies… Mean Girls, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, and Aladdin.

25. He is my best friend, other half, soul mate.

I love you Zachary! Happy 25th birthday, I am so blessed to be your wife!

421396_521703526253_383722609_n

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha don't you love that?! It's only 25 days, but it's still a little strange. :)

      Delete
  2. my husband loves sharing his food with me too! haha! and i am the worst sharer ever. Haha. I'm like a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too!! I'm working at being more selfless like my husband...but when it comes to food that is SO hard!

      Delete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)