Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Favorites

I decided this week to share some of my favorite links, pins, posts that I’ve seen around the ol’ internet, along with some general life reflections I have had.  Think of it as a more organized version of this post. :) So here we go!

What I’ve been listening to:

Literally every day this week I have woken up with this song stuck in my head.  How is that even possible?!?



Oh, T-Swift.  Why must your songs be so catchy?!

What I’ve been pinning:




I am loving these Toms.  Very girly and romantic.  Perfect for Valentine’s Day?




I am needing to try out this delicious treat! I hope it is as good as it looks.





This is my thought every time I look up at the stars, out into the ocean, at an amazing sunset… I truly feel like that is one of the times I connect with God most.

 
What I’ve been watching:

I’m not going to lie, I did not watch the Super Bowl… well actually, I made it home right in time to watch Beyonce’s amazing performance (and Destiny’s Child mini-reunion hey-oooo!)  Judging by the commercials I’ve seen (and to be honest that is not many…) this one is my favorite so far.




Any American Idol fans out there?  I’m no diehard Idol fan, but I caught an episode this week and fell in love with this little group.



So sad that the little blonde guy didn’t make it, he was too cute! But I do understand because he messed up…and I don’t think he would have won.  Maybe in 5 years?


What I’ve been reading:

This post by Annie at Turning Pages really struck a chord and resonated with me.  One of the last lines, “Faith, I am realizing, doesn't easily befriend certainty. Instead, it embraces mystery.”  So deep, and so true!  As Christians we can try to analyze and struggle over the logistics of Christianity and salvation as much as we can… but does that make us any more certain of things?  Something to think about.


What I’ve been reflecting on:

I was reading my Bible the other day and flipped to 1 Thessalonians.  Zack got me a Bible for Christmas this year and I absolutely love it!  I am now the proud owner of  a Life Application Study Bible which is jam-packed with so much wisdom and Bible facts.  I was not raised in church so I never had Vacation Bible School or any of the Sunday School classes where kids learned the basic Bible facts…so every time I learn something new I get really jazzed. 

Anyways, I was reading 1 Thessalonians 5 when I came across a little box labeled “Checklist for Encouragers.”  It highlights the specific examples in 1 Thessalonians 5:11-23 of how we can encourage others.

I was going to briefly highlight my thoughts on these but it started getting very long winded, so I owe it its own post.  Stay tuned for that on Sunday…

………………………………………………………………..

What are you loving this week?  I would love to see/read/watch your favorite links, videos, pins and reflections!

Have a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I too have had T. Swifts song stuck in my head! haha! I just love her though so I'm not complaining : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is literally every morning!! I love her too, but it's getting old haha.

      Delete
  2. that quote from lincoln is so great.

    happy monday friend
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though?! It really puts things into perspective when I think about it. :) Have a great week!

      Delete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)