Thursday, February 14, 2013

Throwback Thursday {v-day edition}

2078_504052204643_6849_n_thumb[5]

“If you were a bird, then I'd be a tree
And you would come home, my darling, to me.
If you were asleep, then I'd be a dream
Wherever you are, that's where my heart will be.
Oh, do you know we belong together?
Oh, do you know my heart is yours?.”


-JJ Heller Boat Song

One lovey dovey post in honor of Valentine’s Day.  To be honest I’m not a huge fan of the holiday, but I am a huge fan of this guy, and showing my love and appreciation for him.  In honor of this I will make heart shaped pancakes, sprinkle them with heart shaped sprinkles, and sing love songs allllllll day long. :)

Random factoid, this picture is from my 21st birthday…the first time he met the parents.  We were such babies then!

Another random factoid, that quote up there is actually lyrics from one of my favorite songs AND the first dance at our wedding.  If you’ve never heard it you MUST watch this video ASAP, it is life changing…and not just because it’s JJ Heller, although she is my favorite. :)



Happy Valentine's Day!
Spread the love today...and every day for that matter. :)
 
"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19

Previous Throwbacks:
one
two
three
four
five

6 comments:

  1. i love seeing old pictures of couples! so sweet! and i love your attitude about valentines day... i tend to be a scrooge about it, but that doesn't mean that i can't take it as an opportunity to show some extra love to my man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be honest I'm usually a scrooge. I'm trying to embrace my "year of gratitude" and it's actually working! I am probably just a total headcase, but I feel like I have a new perspective on things. :)

      Delete
  2. Aww, you guys are so cute together! Have a great Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! Hope you have a great day too!

      Delete
  3. what a cute photo of you two!! i love looking back of photos of the two of us when we were still dating, unsure of the direction our relationship would take

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun?! So many memories to relive. :) Hope you two have a great Valentine's Day!

      Delete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)