Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Banana "Ice Cream"

First of all, thank you all so much for your nice words and thoughts on my last post.  St. Patrick's Day is filled with some sadness for my family, but we turned it into a happy one...full of great memories remembering my uncle and some quality family time on the beach.  I'm planning on doing a recap soon!

Just wanted to pop in today and tell you about one of my favorite things at the moment.  For lent every year I usually give up ice cream.  This is extremely hard for me because this girl has gotta have her ice cream. :)  This year I gave up something bigger, but part of that is ice cream...and it's been very challenging nonetheless. 

Now, I'm sure we have all seen it around on Pinterest or other blogs, but I have never actually tried it until now...and I'm so glad that I did!




This my friends, is banana soft serve.  You just freeze banana chunks--peeled and cut into pieces. (Trust me on this one, I forgot to peel them once...big mistake!) and blend the frozen bananas up until they turn into creamy soft serve. 

I like my "soft-serve" to be less soft so I actually refreeze the mixture after blending to make it more like real ice cream.  You can add in whatever fixings you feel like, but I've been doing a little peanut butter and mini chocolate chips.  Mmmm SO good.  Kind of tastes like cookie dough...a little bit.

It's not ice cream, but for this lactose-intolerhant ice cream addict...it's a great substitute!

-------------------------------------------------------
What's your favorite little treat?

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It IS so good! You won't regret making it. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness. This looks SO good. I must try this immediately! I would definitely go for some chocolate chips and peanut butter in there. Those three flavors are my favorite combination! Thanks for sharing girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meeee too! Can't go wrong with that trifecta.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Super!
    You have very nice and lovely blog, if you want we can follow each other, if yes let me know! I want it so so much. Greetings from Moscow and nice day!
    http://afinaskaterblogspotcom.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay...this is awesome!! such genius!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great? I mean, it's not exactly like ice cream, but it's such a great (and healthier) substitute if you like bananas.

      Delete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)