Saturday, March 16, 2013

Go Green!

Happy St. Patrick’s Day weekend!!

I am spending my Sunday at the beach for the day with my family.  Unfortunately St. Patty’s Day is not the happiest of days for my fam, we lost an uncle 2 years ago, but we are going to spend the day at one of his favorite places remembering him.

Although it’s a bittersweet day for us, I want to still celebrate the day and add some happiness for everyone! Here are some awesome ideas for St. Patrick’s Day festivities.


How delicious do these look?!  They are Irish Cream infused green chocolate pretzels via Amedeos Bakery on Etsy.  I would be happy with these any day of the year.


I love macarons!  They are so classy looking and can spice up any celebration. 

I love all things chevron. I have a chevron wall painted in my house…not joking.  This scarf via OohBabyInfinity on Etsy is a super cute way to make sure you don’t get pinched on St. Patrick’s Day.


I think that this is such a cute breakfast idea!! I’m contemplating doing it for the husband… :) Cute for kids too though.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Source: brit.co via Amy on Pinterest


This is a fun little way to add a bit of St. Patrick’s Day flair to your lunch or dinner.

I’m obsessed with this little necklace from AnechkasJewelry on Etsy. It’s a simple way to show your Irish cheer… make sure to still wear some green though so you don’t get pinched!


I love socks. All holidays, all the time.  This is an obvious choice for me.



Finally, one of my go-to ways to add some holiday cheer to an outfit…a headband! I love all things sparkly so this glittery shamrock headband via GirlyBowsandThings would be an excellent outfit addition.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your St. Patrick’s Day plans?  What will you wear to not get pinched?

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry St Patty's day brings hard memories. I'm glad you and your family will be together, sharing the good and hard times with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh macarons i want to eat those! im sorry for your loss on this day and that it doesn't have the best memories but im sure you and your family honored your uncle properly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its always tough to lose someone close to you on a holiday. I hope you enjoyed your time honoring him with your family! I had plans to make irish beef stew and soda bread for dinner in honor of St Pattys day but that didn't work out...boo! But we did all wear our green to church and made a pistachio bundt cake to celebrate! =) LOVE that chevron scarf!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a nice day remembering and honoring your uncle! And I hope you got to incorporate at least one of those cute ideas you posted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't actually DO anything for St. Patrick's day! It's never been a big deal for me, in fact, I never realized until recently just how crazy people actually got into it! I though it was something silly that nobody really paid any attention to unless you were in jr. high! Well, I found out just how wrong I was when I went to a hockey game on Sunday (St. Pat's day) and everyone was in green, ridiculous hats and all manner of other green, sequiny stuff. I don't even intentionally wear green on St. Patrick's! I guess I'll add that one to the "Kellie Missed the Boat" list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the plug on my scarf :-) I appreciate the mention!

    Ooh Baby

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH. MY. GOODNESS. Angela, I love that chevron scarf - it's so festive looking. (Color me jealous about your wall - that sounds neat!) And those treats look yummy. Cool ideas for St. Patty's. :)

    Just wanted to stop by with thanks for the blog comment - appreciate it, Angela! Hope you enjoyed your visit to Dreaming Under the Same Moon. Visit again anytime. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)