Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Motivation

 
 
 


Lately I have been lacking some much needed motivation.  Seriously, after work I come home and do not want to do anything!  Part of this is probably due to the cold that I acquired this weekend, I am still recovering from it.  I have been constantly tired and feel like the days just drag on.  The weather has not been helping either.  Part of me is thinking some vitamin D would be a good idea, the other part of me thinks I am just being a baby.

Either way, my mind is constantly thinking about things that need to be done.

  • We spent 3 days last week at a convention for work and have still not unpacked or done laundry.
  • Our cabinets are empty and any food in our fridge is scarce.  Grocery shopping is a necessity at this point…but we still haven’t gone.  Looks like we will be eating our last emergency stash of Annie’s mac and cheese tonight.
  • We have stacks of mail and bills that need to be paid soon, but it’s easier to just ignore them until I pull myself together. (I will pay them before they’re due, don’t worry. :)

The list goes on and on…

Instead of doing these things that I have put off for so long, want to know what I have been doing instead?  Being lazy and sleeping a lot (blaming the cold for that one,) finally uploading my pictures from my IPhone to my new external hard drive (after 2 crashed computers and 2 broken phones I decided it was finally time…) and reading a lot of this book (almost done!)

Normally I would be down on myself for not being caught up on last week’s to-do list, or feeling guilty that I haven’t made a quality dinner in over a week… but instead I am choosing to embrace my goals for the year and say that it’s ok.

I’m not perfect, I’m human.  There’s always tomorrow. :)

8 comments:

  1. Girl, i know what you mean. Last night was the first night in almost a WEEK i forced myself to do something other than throwing on sweats and lounging around.
    I also just stare at my mail, sometimes giving it the stank eye as i walk past it...paying bills sucks.
    & perfection is overrated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh I know what you mean about the stank eye. Being an adult is rough, huh? Thanks for the pep talk, girl! :)

      Delete
  2. Angela! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to even leave a comment! That blesses and excites me tremendously!! Cute blog, I love the simplicity of the design! Yay! Another "gifts" love language buddy! Nobody in my family, or really even in my circle of friends, has gifts, so I'm kinda a loner! I nearly go crazy at Christmas, haha. :) Yes! Try the green tea lemonade! I order it with 2 extra pumps of the sweet syrup - I like my teas a little bit sweeter than the average tea. Oh and that's 2 extra pumps when it's a venti...probably only 1 for the smaller drinks. :) I also tried the passion tea lemonade today and it was quite delish, too! I'm so glad spring/summer is here, if only for it being cold tea drinking weather! :D Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kellie!! I love the passion tea lemonade, that's my usual go to when I don't feel like coffee. Perfect for a sunny summer day! Thanks for the returning the comment, looking forward to getting to "know" you. :)

      Delete
  3. i struggle with motivation alot. its something i've been praying about for a couple months and i love to look back and see how God has been working ~ he definitely is changing my lack of motivation little by little!! and i am also learning slowly to let go of the little things and give myself grace! i'm greating at encouraging friends to give themselves grace but not so great at extending it to myself! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How amazing is that?! I should definitely start praying about it. Giving yourself grace is so so hard...but it feels so good to just let go of the guilt once in awhile.

      Delete
  4. Yes, there is always time tomorrow--especially if you're getting over a cold! I hope your get better soon, girl!

    p.s. Love Annie's macaroni. One of the only kind of boxed pastas I eat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kiki! I am feeling a bit better already. :) I also love me some Annie's. We do the white cheddar shells with broccoli and chicken sausage. Adds a little staying power and some veggies. It's one of our favorite easy meals.

      Delete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)