Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Think Big.

God is big.

Like really really big.

This may sound obvious to most, but as I was driving home today I had this simple but important reminder.  Let me back up a bit…

harrellsonhood

As long as I can remember I have always been in awe of God’s creation.  I have had this awestruck fascination with the clouds and the sky, I could honestly just stare up for hours at the heavens on a clear day, marveling at the wonder and whimsy of it all.

Another fascination of mine is the beach.  The vastness of the ocean and the roar of the waves.  I don’t think my mind can fully comprehend the hugeness of the One who created it all.

The same goes for the stars.  I LOVE the stars.  This sounds extremely silly but when I lived in the city I would often (on my lowest of low days) cry because I couldn’t see the stars.  I know, I know, it all seems a bit babyish, but I grew up in a place where you could always see the stars at night.  I took great comfort in this and truly feel most connected to God when I can see His hand at work in His creations.

stars2

So back to today.  Here I was driving alone in my car thinking about things, everything (you have a lot of time to do that when you live in the middle of nowhere.) when I started to worry.  Worrying about life, our future, our finances.  You know, the normal stuff that people worry about… when all of a sudden I noticed the sky. 

To some people maybe it was just another nice partly cloudy day, but to me it was unreal.  I was blown away (no pun intended) at the clouds that looked almost hand painted onto the blue canvas of the sky. In that moment I knew not only the hugeness of our Creator, but the smallness of all these things I had been worrying about.

God has a funny sense of humor doesn’t He?

I had just spent a good chunk of time worrying about silly things that really don’t even matter because I serve a huge God. 

A huge God that has huge promises.

                                    John 1427

Can I get an Amen?! :)

12 comments:

  1. Amen!
    Yes we do serve a HUGE God with HUGE promises!
    While we will face tribulations in this world, i know without a shadow of a doubt that God has my back
    Thanks for this gentle reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for commenting. :) I love that, "God has my back." So true!

      Delete
  2. who can add an hour to their day by worrying, no one and God makes it clear worrying isn't what He wants us to do, it is a waste we can't do anything about worrying and He tells us what to do about it, stop worrying! Thanks for this reminder today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worrying is awful and does us no good, but it is SO hard to not do!! It takes a daily reminder for sure.

      Delete
  3. Yes! Amen, amen, amen! God's creation is amazing and He has amazing plans for us as well! I'm constantly left speechless when I start thinking about His creation and ability to make so many beautiful things out of nothing--including us!

    Thank you for this beautiful post and reminder to look at the stars and clouds in the sky. It's all too easy for me to look at what's right in front of me and not at what's all around me.

    Love your heart, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love how God speaks in the seemingly small and random moments of our days!! He is HUGE and GOOD and His creation is amazing!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, girl! This was so great to ready today. I just spent a lot of time in nature yesterday and couldn't get over how awe-inspiring God's creations are! It's such a good way to remember how BIG our God is, and how small our problems are with Him on our side :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. Thanks for commenting, Julie!

      Delete
  6. Amen to that sweetie! God is good all the time! He continues to shower us with blessings and trials that helps to make us a stronger person or makes us grow and learn. He never gets tired of loving us and showing us how much he cares even when we stray or when we are ungrateful. God is good! =) Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)