Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013!

I had just the best Easter this year!  I guess when it’s 74 degrees and sunny in Oregon it’s hard to not have such a great day… I had been needing some Vitamin D in my life. :)

My Easter festivities started on Saturday night with these 2 ladies…

photo2

Every year growing up it was a tradition to get together the night before Easter with my BFF and cousin, Jessie.  We have so many great memories from these nights including epic secret handshake creations, lots of delicious treat making, and tons of laughs of course.  This year was no different.

IMG_0273

A few weeks ago I found this recipe and had to try it!  It’s chocolate cake batter brownies with melted Peeps on top and Easter sprinkles.  You guys, these are no joke.  They are SO delicious!  I don’t even like Peeps and these won me over.

6

Then, of course, we did our nails like little Easter eggs…with little bunnies on our ring fingers.  We are all about the holidays…(if you didn’t know already.)

On Easter morning the hubs and I tried out a new church in town, and we loved it!  I am really hoping we can start going here and get plugged in.  I’ve never had “my own” church before… (long story for another post) but I am ready to settle into one with my husband, soon! :)

After church we went home and had a little photoshoot, naturally…

IMG_0245IMG_0247

(*sidenote* I’ve been meaning to write a post about my painted chevron wall…but it’s not quite finished yet.  Soon! Promise!)

Then we scurried over to my parents’ house where my huge family celebrated outside.  We enjoyed lots of delicious food and enjoyed each others’ company all day long. 

This year Jessie and I were in charge of the kids’ egg hunt.  We had a lot of fun hiding them all over the yard…trying to find challenging places for the bigger kids.  Next year we will have 2 more little hunters in our family, can’t wait! :)

blog easter

Overall I felt seriously blessed all day long.  Not only for my amazing family and the time I got to spend with them…but for the awesome gift that God gave us—Jesus died for all our sins and for that I am forever grateful!  I loved starting the day with church and hearing the message.  I was able to just reflect on that all day and realize how lucky we all are being able to live without shame or guilt because of Jesus.  Seriously blessed. :)

How was your Easter?

Favorite parts?

Favorite foods?!

11 comments:

  1. love your nails!! and i love that my parents made food that bruce and i could eat on the whole30!!! they are so kind like that. steak, potatoes, asparagus, and strawberry salad! they still had dessert but i am glad they didn't feel like they couldn't eat sweets around us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I love to do fun things with my nails but they don't like to stay on for long so it can be frustrating! I'm glad you had a good Easter too filled with good (and good for you) food! What a great family you have! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful Easter! Don't you just LOVE long-standing traditions with friends?? I'm sure I'll never grow out of them! My Easter was pretty quiet - church in the morning (with a great selection of worship songs!), a simple turkey meal with my family and then my sister and I went over to "my house" to pick out paint colors, etc, so I can paint before I move in. It was simple, but really, really great. The older I get, the more special Easter becomes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love traditions...especially with friends and family. :) We had turkey dinner too! SO good. So true about getting older, it's so amazing to appreciate and reflect on the true meaning of Easter.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter! :-) Oregon's weather was fantastic! I even got a little bit of a sunburn. :-) I'm happy for you that you found a church that you hope to get plugged into. I feel like church "shopping" is so hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather was SO amazing! Couldn't have asked for better. Church shopping is hard... I didn't grow up in a church so I've never really known how important it is to get "plugged in" to one. I hope to do so soon though!

      Delete
  4. Aw! Great photos, Angela! Looks like you had a wonderful day.

    Happy (belated) Easter - hope your family had a blessed and beautiful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SUCH a wonderful day! I hope you had a great Easter too! :)

      Delete
  5. looks like you had such a great time! :) Super cute outfits btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy!! That's the great thing about family...we always have so much fun together. :)

      Delete
  6. ahh....so behind on blog reading! Looks like a great Easter weekend!! Will be praying that this is the church home for you ~ it is such a blessing to be plugged in and really experience that "church family"!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)