Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Marriage Secret #2

adventurous

Ever since we made our big life change almost 6 months ago, Zack and I spend a lot more time together.  Don’t get me wrong, we both love all the added time we are able to see each other at home and at work…but it is a big change.

Before we moved we both had separate jobs with almost opposite hours, we weren’t able to see each other a whole lot.  It stunk big time.  But now, seeing each other almost every second of every day (that’s an exaggeration) we have settled into some routines that can be a bit monotonous.  Me, being a pretty random person, (and weird maybe?) I like to find little ways to spice things up.  Not to worry folks, (mom) this is a G rated post…keep reading :)

To preface things, we live near a golf course… and we have to drive by said golf course every day to and from work.  The other night we were driving home around 10pm and I got a brilliant idea. 

We got home and once we were inside I told Zack to change into all his black ninja clothes, it was time for an adventure.  He was probably confused—but did as I asked anyways… he’s such a great sport.  As we were sneaking out the door in our ninja ensembles I grabbed the scissors, they were necessary for this plan of mine. 

You see, I had been telling Zack earlier that day about how obsessed I have been with fresh flowers lately, and how one day when we have our own house and yard I want to keep a little vase in the kitchen to always have a couple fresh flowers displayed.  Like these:





As we were driving past the golf course on our way home a noticed a huge patch of daffodils just calling my name.  I’m sure you can see where this is going…  Zack and I snuck down in the dark to the field of flowers and cut, just a couple, of beautiful daffodils to take home.

It was a sneaky little adventure.

It was a lot of fun. We laughed a lot.

And now, we get to look at these beauties.

daffodils
 
daffodils2
 
daffodils4

Win-win situation… except for maybe the golf course, but I doubt they even noticed.  And if by chance they did, I’m sure they wouldn’t mind knowing how much joy it brings us (ok, me) daily. 

Sure Zack thinks I’m a bit crazy, but he knew that already going into this marriage so he’s stuck. :)

***************************************

What was the last adventurous thing you did?

Also check out Marriage Secret #1.

12 comments:

  1. I LOVE that! What a cute date idea :)

    And you are TOTALLY not the only one who didn't love Gatsby the second time - I struggled to get through it, which is sad, because I remembered really liking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenna! I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

      Delete
  2. You guys seem like a fun couple! I love how you just have NINJA CLOTHES ready. :) Pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha well any black clothes will suffice as ninja clothes. I just love that he played along with my crazy ideas. :)

      Delete
  3. Ninja clothes, yes please! I'll go on that adventure. This is such a fun post. Its amazing that even the simplest and littlest things can turn into a date! The flowers are gorgeous. I'm anxiously waiting for the flower to bloom around here. Spring is just taking its sweet sweet time!

    http://happinessisntadestination.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true! It seems like some of my fondest memories are just the simple adventures we spontaneously have taken together. Make extraordinary out of the ordinary. :)

      Delete
  4. So fun!! I'll admit that adventurous is tough for us! Being a military family and living far away from family means that any time away from the kiddos requires alot of planning and searching for a babysitter, etc. But i look forward to the day that we are back home, closer to family, and able to enlist their help more last minute so we can take time to be a little adventurous together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that would be rough. If I was closer I'd watch your sweet boys so that you and your husband could go on many adventures!! Do you have plans of moving any time soon?

      Delete
  5. Awww fun! We haven't dressed in our black-out sneaking-around attire in far too long. I'm thinking a little adventure is coming our way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is like my favorite post EVER!! I love that you guys wore all black! Just makes it all that more exciting!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, Kellie. I don't know what I was thinking, why didn't I snap a picture of us real quick?!

      Delete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)