Monday, April 29, 2013

My First Cara Box



Cara Box

I wish I could remember whose blog I was reading when I first heard about Cara Boxes…but I can’t.  Anyways, this month I signed up to be a part of Wifessionals’ Cara Box exchange.  Each month there is a theme and you get matched with another blogger to send a package to according to the theme.  It is really is an awesome way to connect with another blogger, and who doesn’t love getting fun packages?!

So this month I was assigned to send a package to Sonya at Sea Salt & Caramel.  I loved reading her blog and figuring out some fun little gifts that she would enjoy!  You can see her recap of what I sent here.

The lovely Courtney at All Things Unpredictable & Chic got my name, and boy am I glad she did!  Not only did I love getting to read her style advice and see her amazing fashion… she sent one heck of a package!

22
 
I was so excited to pick up my package from the mailbox!  Inside were some great things.

11

Each item had a cute little note to go with the “GO GREEN” theme.  This reusable shopping bag is so cute! I love the style of it, it suits me so well. :)

44
 
I can’t wait to plant these seeds in a little planter on our balcony!  I have the perfect pot picked out, even though Courtney told me she had one…but the mail lady wouldn’t let her ship it!  That is so strange, I honestly have not heard of anything like that before.  Regardless, like I wrote the other day, I LOVE fresh flowers…this was a great gift for me. :)

66

Courtney also sent me a few green smoothie recipes!! I do love me some green smoothies, and these recipes are ones I have never heard of before.  I was so impressed with the creativity of this one!

55
 
Another gift in my Cara box was these outdoorsy “green” scented candle.  It smells SO good!  I could smell it right when I opened the box, I love it!

77
 
I honestly feel like Courtney got me spot on.  Each little gift fit me so well, you can tell she took the time to investigate my likes and truly was intentional with this package! I. Love. Coffee.

33
 
Finally, a requirement of the Cara Box exchange is that with each package you get a handwritten, heartfelt note.  Even though I may not “know” Courtney in real life…she really got to know me, and my blog.  The card was so sweet and full of kind words.  It was by far my favorite part of the whole package. :)

Thank you so so much Courtney for the package, I am so happy to have gotten to know you and become blog friends! :)

I highly recommend signing up for the Cara Box exchange, it is such a great way to connect with other bloggers and get to know some special people!

13 comments:

  1. What a great box! I didn't participate this month but I loved being a part of the one in March. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you participating this month? I just got my new matches!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of that before but what a GREAT idea!!! Life is a little (or actually ALOT) upside down around here right now, but i will have to look into participating when we know more about what the next few months holds for us! She really got you some fun gifts!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of fun! I am doing it one more month for sure...but then I may take a break for a bit because life will get chaotic here too. :)

      Delete
  3. Yayy!!!! glad you liked it!! Love following your blog and can't wait to see your upcoming posts!
    XO Courtney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU girl! So great getting to know you.

      Delete
  4. one day i am just going to sign up for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!! It is a lot of fun. :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. She really did! She matched the items perfectly to me!

      Delete
  6. This looks like SO much fun! "Gifts" is my love language and I LOVE shopping for gifts and coming up with cool ideas...and of course, I LOVE getting gifts, too! I might just have to do this very soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gifts is one of mine as well, it has been so much fun!! You should definitely sign up. :)

      Delete
  7. what a fun box! i like the bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)