That being said, when I was contacted through BzzAgent to review COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation…I was very intrigued.
Here’s how the 3 in 1 breaks down:
- Primer – Advanced flexi-hold polymer technology sets the foundation in place, allowing the finish to move with your face and remain flexible while feeling light on your skin
- Foundation – Microscopic topography modifiers diffuse light to create a beautifully soft, matte finish
- Concealer – Micro-correctors conceal imperfections, provide coverage and deliver a matte finish by absorbing and removing excess oil from the skin. The correctors provide opacity, so you can spot apply to further conceal any imperfections
The idea of COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation is interesting because it supposedly has a primer and concealer built in to “…deliver a beautifully soft, matte finish.” It is supposed to last you all day long. Here is the video:
The following opinions are 100% my own. Although I did receive a coupon to try this product at no cost, I was asked to give my honest review.
- The product went on and did not feel thick on my skin. This is why I am not normally a fan of liquid concealers, I don’t like feeling the heaviness of it on my face… this did not have that.
- The pump on the bottle is great! Easy to use.
- After putting the foundation on my face, my skin was silky smooth! It was like a moisturizer built in…it honestly felt awesome.
- This foundation was available in 14 different shades so it was easy to find one that matched my skin tone. (Extra pale color for me, please! :)
- This foundation is SPF 20 which I feel is very important for any foundation.
- It did stay all day long which is great…except I did not necessarily want it to… which brings me to my cons.
- The foundation did not seem to work correctly on my face… it did not cover my dark circles or blemishes really like a foundation is meant to do. Looking at the picture I took it does look like it covered up the redness though…but I don’t have a problem with my rosy cheeks. :)
- Maybe this was just my skin type, but you could tell I had a liquid foundation on, up close you could see the texture of my skin caused by the foundation—it almost looked cakey even though I did not put much on. The bendability was less than satisfactory.
Overall I would say that even though I loved the feel of this on my skin, I was not a fan of the way it looked. I wanted to love it, I really did… but unfortunately it just wasn’t for me.
What type of foundation do you use? (if any :)