Friday, May 3, 2013

COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation [a product review]

 
I would consider myself a fairly laid back girl.  I am girly girl, yes.  I love doing my hair, dressing up, and putting makeup on… but I don’t have to do all this to feel comfortable.  I am just as happy lounging around with no makeup, hair in a messy bun, and in my sweats.  (Just ask Zack, it’s how I spend majority of my time. :)

That being said, when I was contacted through BzzAgent to review COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation…I was very intrigued.

Here’s how the 3 in 1 breaks down:
  • Primer – Advanced flexi-hold polymer technology sets the foundation in place, allowing the finish to move with your face and remain flexible while feeling light on your skin
  • Foundation – Microscopic topography modifiers diffuse light to create a beautifully soft, matte finish
  • Concealer – Micro-correctors conceal imperfections, provide coverage and deliver a matte finish by absorbing and removing excess oil from the skin. The correctors provide opacity, so you can spot apply to further conceal any imperfections
I do not use a daily foundation, in fact just recently I purchased a foundation powder, but I only use it when I want to look extra put together.  After trying a few different types of foundation, both liquid and powder, I decided on powder because I did not like the feeling of the liquid foundation on my face.

The idea of COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation is interesting because it supposedly has a primer and concealer built in to “…deliver a beautifully soft, matte finish.” It is supposed to last you all day long.  Here is the video:



The following opinions are 100% my own.  Although I did receive a coupon to try this product at no cost, I was asked to give my honest review.

covergirl
Pros:
  • The product went on and did not feel thick on my skin.  This is why I am not normally a fan of liquid concealers, I don’t like feeling the heaviness of it on my face… this did not have that.
  • The pump on the bottle is great!  Easy to use.
  • After putting the foundation on my face, my skin was silky smooth!  It was like a moisturizer built in…it honestly felt awesome.
  • This foundation was available in 14 different shades so it was easy to find one that matched my skin tone. (Extra pale color for me, please! :)
  • This foundation is SPF 20 which I feel is very important for any foundation.
  • It did stay all day long which is great…except I did not necessarily want it to… which brings me to my cons.
Cons:
  • The foundation did not seem to work correctly on my face… it did not cover my dark circles or blemishes really like a foundation is meant to do.  Looking at the picture I took it does look like it covered up the redness though…but I don’t have a problem with my rosy cheeks. :)
  • Maybe this was just my skin type, but you could tell I had a liquid foundation on, up close you could see the texture of my skin caused by the foundation—it almost looked cakey even though I did not put much on.  The bendability was less than satisfactory.
*Also I should note that this foundation is supposed to reduce shine, but I don’t have that problem so I could not accurately tell if it did as promised in this area.

Overall I would say that even though I loved the feel of this on my skin, I was not a fan of the way it looked.  I wanted to love it, I really did… but unfortunately it just wasn’t for me.

What type of foundation do you use? (if any :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm with you on liquid foundation! I haven't worn one in years!! I just don't like the heaviness or the cakey look! I use a clinique powder foundation. It takes about 1 minute to brush on and and i'm done!! It looks natural but gives good coverage! Love it!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the ease of the powdered foundation too. When I use it, that's usually what I'll do!

      Delete
  2. I've always preferred a liquid foundation, because I felt like it last longer. Powder foundations, at least on me, seemed to fade all to quickly. I currently use just the basic Covergirl liquid foundation, although I was actually using an all-natural powder foundation for awhile from Rejuva Minerals (which, if you want to go natural, I HIGHLY recommend!!) but after about a year of wearing it, I wanted to go back to the "full coverage" look instead of the "natural" look. So, I daily rub the Covergirl toxins into my skin and throw cancer to the wind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I have a powdered foundation right now "full of toxins." No judgment here. :) I will definitely have to check that other brand out though. Thanks for the tip, girl!

      Delete
  3. I'm not much for liquid foundation. Lately I've been using BB Cream and really like it, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots of questions about that!! I will be emailing you. :)

      Delete
  4. fun! ill have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)