Friday, May 17, 2013

Day 17

Once again I am randomly participating in Jenni at Story of my Life for her May blogging challenge.  I have participated one other day thus far to share my most embarrassing moment.  If you missed that, you can see it here.



Today’s prompt is to share a favorite photo of myself and explain why.  Here is the photo I chose:

3
September 30th, 2011
 
Obviously it was my wedding day, one of the best days thus far in my life.  BUT, that is not the whole reason why I love this photo.

If you know me at all you know that I have a few issues taking serious photos…

Exhibit A, a few other photos taken that day:

collage

What you may not know about that chosen photo is that it was not completely posed.  We were in the field waiting for the photographers to gather their supplies when this was snapped.  It was a completely genuine moment that will forever be one of my favorites. It truly captures our love for one another and our intention to take “mental snapshots” throughout our wedding day. 

Our photographers were amazing.  They had only done one wedding before ours, so it was a risk hiring them…but they did not disappoint.  We were beyond thrilled with all our wedding pictures, including this one.

Runner-up?  Another candid shot:

wedding day

*Sidenote* If you love Target as much as I do, be sure to check out this giveaway I am lucky to be part of, over at Sybil's blog today!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. beautiful!!! genuine candid shots always make the BEST pictures!! hope you have a great weekend!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely...I think non-posed pictures are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo and I love the "story" behind it! And gral...how about we find out that you actually live close to me? Because that would be so cool if you did... because I bet we could be good friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful photos of your wedding day! I love the one you chose and the runner-up. And I really love that it wasn't a posed shot--naturally posed photos are so much cooler in my opinion. It's like a lucky shot of a precious moment or something. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)