Thursday, May 30, 2013

Love Does

Let me tell you about one inspirational lady.

Although I have never met her personally, we have a lot of mutual acquaintances.  (Her siblings actually photographed our wedding!)

Meet Allison Vesterfelt.


Allison has a blog, and is also an editor over at Prodigal Magazine.

After reading Love Does by Bob Goff she was inspired. (Sidenote—one of my favorite books, if you haven’t read it…do it!)
This year, for her 30th birthday she is choosing to try and raise $30,000 to build a classroom in Uganda with Restore International.

Talk about ambitious. 

With the help of over 400 people, she has already raised nearly $20,000 through a 5k she created called Love Runs.  But now she’s on a mission to get that last $10,000.

I realize it’s a little late in the game here, but I’m hoping by writing this entry, on the 30th of May I can do a little bit to help raise awareness of her efforts.

Would you be willing to share her story?  To help her in the final stretch towards reaching her goal to build a classroom in Uganda?

I just read Allison’s blog entry here all about her fundraising journey thus far and felt so compelled to share her story. 

This is the story of one woman.  One woman who will change lives.  One woman that heard the whisper of God and felt motivated to do something about it.

Will you help share her story?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a cool story and birthday wish! I can't wait to check out her blog and read more about her fundraising story. Thanks for sharing, girl!

    p.s. Love Does is definitely one of my top fave books. Such an inspirational read!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)