Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Nearly Wordless Tuesday

Last week on Friday Zack and I had the day off.  We knew it was supposed to be in the 80’s so we wanted to take advantage of it!

1
 
We started out with breakfast out on our patio. 
Coffee and peanut butter toast. Yes, please! :)
 
2
 
We then stuffed our bikes in the back of our messy car
(quite the process) and started our adventure.
 
3
 
It was a seriously beautiful day!
 
4
 
We went to a nearby park and rode bikes around for a
couple hours. At one point I was riding on a path along
the river singing “Rollin’ on the river.”  True story.
We stopped at various spots along the trail that explained the
lifecycles of the salmon that spawn in the river.
 
5
 
This is the salmon viewing station.  We actually saw a few
little baby salmon swim by, it was very cool.  I have
been to this park hundreds of times growing up
but I truly never appreciated how great it really
is until this day.
 
IMG_0135

We stopped along this big bridge for a photo op. :) 
 IMG_0138

What an awesome view!
 
IMG_0139
 
The sun was unreal.  We were soaking up every second.
 
IMG_0140
Yes these are jelly shoes from the little girls’ section
from about 4 years ago… yes I am like a 2nd grade girl.
 
IMG_0141
 
After a couple hours we stopped to eat our picnic lunch.  We played a
round of cards and relaxed with our books next to the river.
 
IMG_0145IMG_0146

Just started this book.  I love it already…can’t wait to write about it!
 

IMG_0147
 
After we were all parked out we decided to head home. 
We stopped by a local fruit stand to pick up all the fixin’s
for a delicious fruit salad.  We had an impromptu dinner
date with my parents out on their back porch.
IMG_0151
 
My dad gave Zack his old golf clubs so after we got home
Zack decided that he wanted to try them out.  We went out
for a quick couple of holes…I dominated. Just kidding,
I got like a 12 on the one hole I did attempt.
 
It was just such a great day all around.  The weather for sure helped, but so many other factors went into it.  I am so thankful for this life I have been given and finding the little joys in each day is SO important.
 
What is a “little joy” you had today?

12 comments:

  1. What a fun day! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, such a sweet day! Looks like tons of fun. I can't wait until school is over so I can get out and enjoy the nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. with all of the stress and unknowns in our life right now, i've been making a real intentional effort to notice little things throughout my day to be grateful for and to keep my focus off of our circumstances. Yesterday I was loving that in May in Florida we had the windows open with a nice cool breeze blowing through the house!!! (this is UNHEARD of and i LOVE it!!) And i snuggled & rocked a few extra minutes with my little man at nap time just soaking up all of his littleness and sweetness! So much to be grateful for regardless of circumstances!! Love your day ~ so fun and relaxing!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like such a perfect day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like such a perfect day! I love days when I get to do fun, unplanned, adventures with the hubby. Where do you live? It looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww jelly shoes! Fun! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw! This looks like a fun time, Angela! Glad you two were able to spend a fun outing and afternoon together. :)

    Hey, just wanted to drop by with my thanks for your kind words today on my blog! Really appreciate it. Thank *you* for being a reader - and today, a comment-er. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for our sweet comment on my blog! I love this post! It looks like such a wonderful day! I'm so happy that the weather is finally warm too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun day! And jelly shoes are totally cool - although I forgot as I got older how not-super-comfortable they were...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun day!!!!! All of the pictures of the trails and such are gorgeous. We have a place down the street form us that has tons of trails, waterfalls and beautiful bridges. Honestly, the best and most calming place in the world! That picture looking up at the sky is wonderful, such nice photography! And the gel shoes, awesome! Your making me hungry for fruit! One of my favorite parts about summer :) Perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that looks like such an amazing day! I love your photos :) especially the one of your shadow - so fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, what a delicious sounding day!! I want one just like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)