Monday, May 20, 2013

Thoughts on the Weekend

This weekend was action packed!  I had such a great weekend filled with a bridal shower, a bachelorette party, and a lovely afternoon with my mom…not to mention a little bit of work stuck in there.  Here’s a few pictures from all the fun. :)

balls
 
These are the silver Oreo Truffles I made for the bridal shower.  My sister is one of the bridesmaids so she asked me to help out a bit.  If you’ve never had these, make them. Now! They are so delicious, a big hit at the shower.
 
mirror
 
Maybe it’s time to invest in a full length mirror.  When getting dressed for the bridal shower this is how I had to stand in my bathroom in order to get an outfit pic.  I sent pictures to my cousin/best friend for advice on what to wear to this “50 Shades of Grey” shower.
 
IMG_0216
 
Before the shower my mom and I went to a little Farmer’s Market.  My favorite part of the Farmer’s Market?  These huge bouquets for only $10!  I wanted to buy them for everyone I know!
 
IMG_0214
 
These were the most unique flowers I’ve ever seen.  I can’t wait to have a house one day where I can have tons and tons of fresh flowers around.

IMG_0219
 
Lunch date with my mama.
 
IMG_0220
 
This is probably the only shareable picture from the bachelorette party I attended.  This is my cousin/BFF Jessie.  We had photo-shoots with this little Batman figurine we found alllll night long. :)
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
How was your weekend?  As wedding season fast approaches are your weekends booking up? This summer we only have one wedding to go to.  Very strange compared to the six we had last year.

7 comments:

  1. I thought those truffles were jewelry at first! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those truffles look like fun!! and it looks like a great weekend!!! we don't have any weddings to go to ~ I guess that means I'm getting old! ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I love action packed weekends! And those Oreo truffles? Holy cow they sound awesome. I've made a few other kinds but haven't done Oreo yet. I'll have to get on that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Silver truffles? I've never seen anything that color be edible before, but I might need to "find out" personally here soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great weekend and I love that outfit! Even if you don't have an ideal full-length mirror :)

    Found your blog because I also sponsored Sybil by swapping buttons this month - look forward to getting to know you more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit! And, those flowers are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you make the truffles silver?? Is that a food color dye? They look so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)