Monday, May 13, 2013

Unplugged

Happy Monday, friends!

 
It feels like a long time since I’ve been on a computer, but really it’s only been 3 days.

On Saturday Zack’s parents came to town and we had a big barbecue with both our families.  It was so great to have both families together.  Since Zack’s family lives at least 5 hours away it just doesn’t happen very often, but I love when it does.

I was so excited all morning on Saturday, like a little kid.  It’s not very often all my favorite people are at the same place at the same time.

It was pure bliss.

The plan was to take lots of pictures and document the crap out of the barbecue… but sometimes you just need to take the time and unplug. 

My heart was filled with so much joy all day and I wanted to just sit with that and be present with everyone.

IMG_0192This was 1 of 2 pictures I took all weekend.  From Sunday
when we went to a professional soccer game.
 
How was your weekend?

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you had a great weekend! The same thing happens to me all the time. I plan to take amazing photos to document but either forget or just decide it's not worth it to miss things if I'm behind the lens too much. Sometimes it's just better that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great weekend!! I'm the worst about taking pictures ~ I just get all wrapped up in whatever we're doing and completely forget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best place to be though, present and soaking up each moment!
    I'm so glad you had a fantastic time with family and the barbecue! I love me a good barbecue.. :)
    Y'all are precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)