Friday, June 28, 2013

Dr. Scholl’s Massaging Gel Insoles [a review]

I am a working girl… at my job I spend all day on my feet moving around.  I used to get sore feet and an achy back frequently, but that was mostly because I wore shoes that valued style over comfort.
Now that I’m older and (semi) wiser I have realized that comfort over style is more important for me while I am at work.  I am a proud supporter of my ugly (but functional) Shoes for Crews.  My parents have always raved about them, so one day I gave in.  I never knew of any other options for comfort while on my feet all day… until now.
When I was contacted through BzzAgent to review a pair of Dr. Scholl’s Massaging Gel Insoles, I was intrigued. 

“Dr. Scholl’s® Massaging Gel® Insoles provide energizing support and cushioning for men and women on the move. Designed to fit your everyday shoes, these insoles are made with two types of gel to double the comfort in your shoes for those with foot discomfort and absorb shock all day long.”
 
It sounded promising, and I was excited to put them to the test.

IMG_0296

I wear a size 6.5 shoe, so I was a little worried about the general size I was sent.  It said for sizes 6-10 and there were marks on where to cut for the sizes… but even the size 6 mark was too big for my shoes.  I had to cute much farther down than it said.

IMG_0303

The insoles feature a “Dual Wave Design — the soft blue gel cushions and provides superior shock absorption, while firmer purple gel offers added support.”

IMG_0304

I will say that the gel felt nice under my feet, but I was skeptical as to how they would compare to my beloved S4C. (Shoes for Crews…get it? :)

I decided to go all in and take the Extra Step Challenge.  I wore my Dr. Scholl’s Insoles 7 days in a row at work to see if I too, like the 7/10 people they tested, felt more energized.

The following opinions are 100% my own.  I did receive a pair of these insoles to try at no cost, in exchange for my honest review.

The Results…

Unfortunately, the Dr. Scholl’s Massaging Gel Insoles did not impress me much when it came to working on my feet for 40 hours.  They were just ok.  After wearing them for a week I preferred my Shoes for Crews over these insoles.

I did, however, enjoy wearing them in my everyday casual shoes that do not have much support—like my boat shoes and flats. 

For me, personally, I would give these 3/5 stars—just because they did not live up to my work shoe standards, but were a nice addition to my everyday flats.  If I didn’t have the Shoes for Crews would I love these insoles?  Probably.

Do you work on your feet all day?  Do you wear any sort of support in your shoes?

2 comments:

  1. Good to know that those don't work as well. Nate's looking for a pair of insoles so I'll know not to get these for him. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work on my feet all day long, and I can't stand ugly shoes either. When I started working I got a pair of Clarks--my feet are narrow and they offer good options for narrow sizes. If I actually wear them I feel great, but sometimes I cheat and wear my ballet flats--not so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)