Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Life Lately

I haven’t been sharing a lot of life lately here on the blog, and that’s mostly because there’s not a whole lot to share.  Things at work are starting to pick up for the summer, which is great… but it just does not make for exciting blog posts. :) 

Here’s some photos of life lately, some might look familiar if you follow me on Instagram

IMG_0276
After making a batch of mini quiches I had some leftover pie crust.  I whipped up a few of these mini apple pies.  I’ve never made apple pie before but have watched my mom many times… I just kind of threw some things together and was surprised they actually tasted good!

IMG_0278
This was a quick picture before the Hillsong United concert.  (On the right night. :) Since we weren’t expecting to go to the concert this night, we went straight from work and didn’t have time to get fancied up.

IMG_0282
Snow in June?  Nope, just cotton.  Thank God for allergy pills.

IMG_0285
This is Cooper, my cousin’s oldest.  He is my favorite little guy, and such a character.  My cousin Jessie and I were taking a group of her nanny kids to a neighborhood parade and brought Cooper along.  He was so excited.  All morning he was asking us, “When is the parade? How much longer.”  We took this picture right after he arrived at Jessie’s house.  He told us, “Don’t worry I brought my sunglasses.”  Then pulled these bad boys out.  He is a funny guy.

soccer moms
This is the group we took to the parade.  (Don’t mind my washed out face…) We felt like this picture was a glimpse into our future as soccer moms. :)

IMG_0287
At the parade we brought some facepaint to distract the kids.  I drew a mom tattoo on Cooper…

IMG_0288
…and this is the flower tattoo Coop drew on me.  Pretty artistic if you ask me.

IMG_0292
After the parade we spent the afternoon with the nanny kids eating popsicles and tracing each other with sidewalk chalk.  This is me, and the outfit was spot on…

IMG_0300
Zack and I discovered a nearby restaurant with a great happy hour.  After work we have enjoyed walking the few minutes to eat great, cheap food, beverages, and just unwind after a long day.

IMG_0302
…and the view at the restaurant doesn’t hurt either.  From the outdoor patio seating, this is the view.  Can you say amazing?!  Continually feeling blessed to live in such a beautiful place.

IMG_0295
One of Zack’s favorite ways to unwind after a long day is to play a couple holes of golf.  I watch from our little patio balcony and secretly take photos like these. :)

IMG_0305
I think it’s important to sneak in little moments like all of these whenever we can.  Yes, this summer will be crazy with work, but little moments like these keep me going.  So lucky to be doing life with this guy.

What have you been up to lately?

4 comments:

  1. Things have been pretty crazy around here with Sarah being here and then the big boys birthdays so we are enjoying a slower pace for a while!! And I'm busy planning the baby's 2nd bday party for next month!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely view from that restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those little moments are the best! It looks like you guys had such a great time with all the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! I love it when people blog just random bits from their daily lives! Hopefully others like it too, since that's predominately the sort of stuff I blog about, haha!

    How fun to take a bunch of kids to the parade! My town does a big parade in the spring and I loving going with my nieces and nephews, especially now as they're getting so big and we can chat it up while we watch. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)