Monday, June 3, 2013

Making Good Mondays [a link-up]

Happy Monday!!

Today I am choosing to make the best of my Monday with the help of Brooklyn from This Little Blonde.  She came up with a great idea to transform Mondays and spice things up a little bit.



This is probably my favorite link-up I’ve participated in so far because the purpose of these each Monday will be “…to help us serve others, care for ourselves and be grateful for all we DO have.”

Well said!

This first week’s challenge was to write a handwritten note to someone I feel like I’ve been neglecting lately.  I loved this idea!  I try and be a pretty intentional person for the most part, but we all have times where we lose touch with the people we care about most.  I have a lot of friends spread out all over so I always think about writing letters so them, but rarely follow through on the thought.
One friend in particular stood out to me when I accepted this challenge because we have a strong history of letter writing. :)

64_508680258959_183_n

This is my friend Brittney and I circa 1996.  Our friendship goes wayyyy back to 1994 when we bonded our first day of first grade over matching pink and purple pencil boxes… and we’ve been friends ever since! :)

Throughout elementary school, and probably middle school too, we would write the longest notes to each other and mail them.  Not because we didn’t see each other often, we saw each other every day at school…but who doesn’t love getting mail?! 

These were not any ordinary letters.  We wrote about typical things yes, but we also had some pretty unique features added on to our letters…on of these being a signature page.  On our signature page we would write our names in as many different styles as we could think of. (And yes, we thought of a lot!)

The other unique page we added to each letter was a smelly page.  We would rummage through our bathrooms and kitchens and add little drops of whatever we could find to our smelly page.  It was always an adventure finding new things to add each time.

So naturally, when I read Brooklyn’s challenge you could see why I immediately thought of writing a letter to Brittney.  I was seriously excited!

IMG_0262

Here is my letter, I just reminisced about all the crazy memories I could think of.  It was a lot of fun to write because we always had so much fun together. :)

IMG_0264

Here’s my signature page. Complete with robot style, bubble letters, curly font, and writing with the pen in my mouth, which is actually pretty difficult…and disgusting.

IMG_0261

…and the finale.  No letter to Brittney would be complete without a smelly page.  Of course this smelly page is mostly just all the perfumes I could find in my cabinets, and a few body washes too. :)
Brittney is one of my oldest and greatest friends in the world and I loved this opportunity to reconnect in a genuine way.  I know she will love getting it!! (Assuming she gets it…are there any Postal regulations these days about heavily scented mail?? This bad boy has a lot of stench to it! :)
I already can’t wait for next week’s challenge!

When was the last time you wrote someone a heartfelt letter? Did it include a smelly page? :)

5 comments:

  1. Aww, I love this idea. Handwritten letters are so rare these days, I know one would make anyone's day special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I love the smelly page. It made me giggle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun link up!! The smelly page cracks me up ~ ha!!! I'm sure it will be so special to your friend when she gets it!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of a "smelly page"!! What a great idea! I need to send one to my sister, she'd get a kick out of it. ;) I kept in touch with my best friend from when I was little via letters too! We moved when I was 10 and this was in the days before email so Ashley and I would write letters back and forth. Oh good times. :) I bet your friend will be SO excited to get this letter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great! I love your letter so much! The signature page is awesome! I will definitely be using it in the future haha. Thanks so much for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)