Thursday, June 6, 2013

Mason Jar Madness [a link-up]

I know what you’re thinking, not another link-up.  But you guys, this one is so great!! I could not turn it down.



Today I’m linking up with Danielle at Framed Frosting to share with you a great way to use mason jars.

Zack and I’s wedding was 2 years ago.  Like many other brides, I fully took advantage of this amazing resource called Pinterest…maybe you’ve heard of it before. :)

I seriously planned most of our wedding from all the great ideas on there…and that was before it got massively popular.  I can only imagine the excellent wedding ideas you can find on there now!
Anyways, I loved the idea of using mason jars in our wedding.  With the help of my mom, sister, and grandma, we crafted mason jar vases for the aisle during the ceremony…and they doubled in function as centerpieces for the reception.  Here’s what they looked like after we got our hands on them.

mason jar flowers
We just put wire around the lip of the jar, then made a small loop for it to hang on a Shepard's hood.  Then we just layered some jute around the lip of the jar covering the wire, and with a new strand we went about 3 times around the center ending with a little bow.  When they were all complete and filled with dahlias, we hung them on the hooks in our aisle.  Here’s a picture where you can see the hooks… (and my cute little ring bearer.)

cooper
I lovedddd this idea!  After the wedding we kept a few jars and repurposed them as candle holders.  We have one currently on our little patio holding a citronella candle.

IMG_0267

IMG_0268
My handsome husband enjoying our patio, and the candle holder too of course.

There you have it!  My favorite way to repurpose mason jars.  Although if I’m being honest…I really would love some of these anniversary mason jars to use as drinking glasses.

 
Maybe one day. :)
 
What’s your favorite purpose for mason jars?

5 comments:

  1. Aww, mason jars are so cute. We use them for storage mostly. Dog treats, cotton swabs, cotton balls, etc... and of course we use them to drink from as well! Makes us feel like we really belong in Tennessee. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great use for mason jars! I wish I had known about pinterest when I was planning my wedding! I think I discovered it about 3 months after getting married. There are so many things I would have added to our wedding had I known! Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used them for flowers at your wedding -- so sentimental! Thanks again for linking up for Craft With What You've Got!

    Danielle at Framed Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mason jars ARE very versatile. They can be "casual" (country) or classy and chic. You've got some great ideas here, Angela.

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Always appreciate your comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wonderful blog layout! How lengthy have you been running a blog for?
    you made blogging glance easy. The entire look of your web site is wonderful,
    let alone the content material!

    Review my web page Fairylea Photography in Essex

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)