Friday, June 14, 2013

My Cardstore Creation

One of my love languages is gifts.  I am very into finding the perfect meaningful gift for the people I love.  When I was contacted by Lauren at Cardstore to try out their cardmaking process, I jumped at the opportunity!  Lauren let me know that all the cards are available to personalize and add my own special touch to.  It sounded awesome!

As always, all that is written here is 100% my own thoughts and opinions.  I was not compensated, but I was given a free card in exchange for my honest review.

I knew immediately that I wanted to make an extra special card for my dad for Father’s Day. (Although there are plenty of other occasions available on the website.  Two of my favorite others are here and here.)

Untitled
When searching for a card, the website makes it seriously easy to find exactly what you’re looking for.  You can search for cards depending on the recipient, the number of photos you would like to use, the mood you’re going for, your relation to the recipient, or even the artist.
I decided to search for cards with 4+ photos, for my father.  Easy enough.

photo
The card I chose was very customizable.  I could change the word bubbles and the photos.  The only thing I wish I could have changed is the top part where it says, “We love you because.”  I wish there was the option to change it to “I love you because.”  I mean, the card was from Zack too I guess, but it was more of a father/daughter card…ya know?  I would have liked the option.

uploads
Once I selected my card I added my own photos to it.  They made it really easy to upload all your photos at once, you can also edit them once they are uploaded.

MESSAGE
Once I uploaded the photo I changed the text in the word bubble.  You could change the font, font size, color of the font, and it even had spell check on there.  Very handy.

finished front
This is what the front of my card looked like once I was all finished customizing it and making it my own!  I was very happy with the results.

inside
For the inside of the card they had a few different layout options—with or without pictures. I was really impressed with how many pictures you could potentially have in one card! Definitely my style.

signature
I loved how Cardstore gives you the option to upload your own signature!  Just another little personal touch if you choose to do so.

finished inside
I chose the 2 picture option and added 2 pictures with captions.  I chose to just type my signature, even though I loved the idea of uploading one. :)
 
back
The back of the card also had options for personalization!
 
finished back
I chose to upload my own paint creation… we write it on all our cards to each other.
 
shipping options
After my card was all created I had the option of getting it sent to me directly, or mailing in straight to my dad.  I shipped it to myself…I will be giving it to him later today!

I was so impressed by the quality of the card when I received it, it looked just as great in person.

I honestly loved the opportunity to try out Cardstore.  I really felt like everything about the website made it so easy to create a personal gift for someone…and that’s how every card should be!

Thanks again Lauren and Cardstore for introducing me to your awesome company—I will be creating many more cards in my future!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, this card is SO cute! I love how you got to personalize it to fit you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)