Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Circle [a link-up]


Today I am so excited to kick-off a spectacular monthly link-up with Kiki at In Its Time.  Kiki is one blogger that inspires me daily with her posts, and I could not be more thrilled to join her in her link-up debut.  In her words,
“The point of The Circle is to create a place for bloggers to get to know one another just a little bit better and to make new friends, too… A play on a knitting circle, this monthly link-up is going to be a place for bloggers to share and write on a fun, light-hearted (or possibly heavy-hearted) topic. Except, instead of knitting together, we'll just be sharing our lives with each other and pretending to share our cookies and yarn, too (is that what knitters do?). Anyway, each month I'll partner up with a lovely co-host and we'll create a topic to write on and for you to write on as well. Then, you'll link up your post, share your blog with others, and get to know other bloggers--new and old ones alike!”
I am seriously excited to help introduce this month’s topic… *drumroll please*

Our summer bucket lists!  Summer has officially started here in rainy Oregon, and it doesn’t last for long so we have to make the best of it!  Here’s a short list of Zack and I’s goals for this summer—we made sure to cover our bases and included ideas for rain filled and beautiful sunny days alike.

summer bucket list

1. Day trip to Kah-nee-ta.
2. Swim in the ocean!  (This will require at least one beach trip.)
3. Date day at the zoo.
4. Glow in the dark miniature golfing.
5. At least one camping trip.
6. A trip to the drive-in movies.
7. Many happy hours at our neighborhood restaurant.
8. A sleepover with our favorite little 5 year old.
9. Throw a dinner party inspired by this book.
10. At least one more lazy river day.
 

Be sure to link-up with us!
 
 

9 comments:

  1. So glad the link-up worked with your post! And I love that we have some of the same things in common, too! I can't wait to see you cross off all of these things this summer--especially the sleepover, drive-in movie date, and dinner party, too. Those sound like wonderful summer activities and I'd totally invite myself to all of those things (no worries, I won't actually show up). :)

    Thanks again for co-hosting with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get to the zoo this summer too! What a great bucket list for the summer! I definitely will be linking up for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So much fun!! I'd love to go to a drive-in movie but the nearest one is over an hour away, plus I'm not sure it's in a good part of town. But maybe one day I'll hire a bodyguard and give it a go. ;)

    Oh man, I should have put the zoo on my bucket list, too! Oh well, You can have that one to yourself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! I love Kiki and I'm so excited you cohosted this one with her! :-) Also, I really love your bucket list. So much of what you shared is on mine too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glow in the dark mini golf is a blast! Haven't done that in years. You made me want to now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful link up idea!

    zoo trips are always fun :)

    cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we are hoping to do some kind of camping this summer, too! great list!

    Sisters Marie
    Start your closet on BISTM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your list, it's sounds like sooo much fun.
    I wish there was something like drive-in movies here in the Netherlands.

    xxSusanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. a lazy river day is a must! lol. Fabulous list, love. Sounds like a blast! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my photo diary from Venice. xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)