Friday, June 7, 2013

Weekend Inspiration

Last Sunday Zack and I got off work early and drove into town for a little date night.  We had gotten tickets to the Hillsong United concert a few months ago and had been looking forward to it ever since.  I have been to one of their concerts a few years ago and it was amazing!  I told Zack if they ever came to town again he had to go with me because it was an incredible concert.

We got into town around 5pm so we decided to grab a little happy hour at a nearby restaurant before the doors opened at 6pm. It was a bit busier than we expected so we didn't end up leaving the restaurant until about 6pm--then we had to find parking and walk to the venue.  I was feeling a little rushed and nervous because we had general admission seating and I didn't want to luck out with not so great seats.

As we were walking from our car we started noticing that there weren't many people around.  The parking garages at the venue were closed, and we didn't notice any crowds...

That is when I decided to double check the date on the tickets.  Turns out the concert was actually the next night!

Whoops!

Luckily Zack is a good sport and we laughed pretty hard about my little mistake.

We did go to the concert the next night and it was just as memorable as the last one.  Zack didn't know what to expect and he was really impressed.  We both had a great time and agreed we would go to another Hillsong United concert in a heartbeat... but we would double check the date on the tickets before we drove an hour. :)

Anyways--one of my favorite songs on Hillsong United's latest album is called Oceans.  I loved it from the first time I heard it, and I love it even more after hearing it live at the concert.  So, in honor of this wonderful song I decided to dedicate this weekend's post to it!  Here is a video of the song, and some awesome pins I found via Pinterest that I would loveeee to find in printable version and plaster all over my house. :)
















Happy weekend!

10 comments:

  1. oohhh....i LOVE this one! we sang it at a women's ministry event last week ~ i hadn't heard it before but wow! such a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see myself making the same mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the two of you had a great time--and got to make two date nights out of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful song and video. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Brittany @ Everyday Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha. That's great that you got to have two date nights in a row. ;-) Glad you enjoyed the concert! I really like Hillsong United! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Hillsong! Sounds like a fun date night. Those are so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man! I can just imagine wondering where all the people were--that's great that neither of you were bothered by it! My church back home always sang a lot of Hillsong songs, but I haven't been home in a while so I don't know their new ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that album, and that is hands down the best song on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great pins, Angela! Love how you added them to this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! At least you have a funny story about the time you showed up to a concert on the wrong day. ;) And thankfully it was the day before instead of the day after!

    Also, I hadn't heard "Oceans" until now... really pretty! Such powerful lyrics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)