Monday, August 19, 2013

a light at the end of the tunnel…

I can’t believe it’s practically the end of August already!  Although I’m definitely not ready to say goodbye to the summer—I’m ready for our work schedule to slow down.

I am worn out. 

via

Chaos at work aside, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I am thankful to have many things to look forward to!

I have been planning lots of events and activities for the next few weeks.  Lots of really exciting things that I cannot wait for… and they are all coming up quick! 

The first big event is next weekend, I am throwing a gender reveal party for my sister!  I haven’t shared this yet on the blog, but I’m going to be an AUNT!  I am so very excited for her, and can’t wait to meet this little baby in January.

Right now I’m the only one that knows the gender, and it has been so rough keeping it a secret.  I have a feeling the last couple days before the party I am going to have to become mute so I don’t risk ruining the surprise!

evite for gender reveal

I have a lot of really great ideas for this party, I just really hope I can pull it all off!

One thing I’ve learned thus far during my sister’s pregnancy is that everyone has an opinion about everything.  A lot of people have vocalized specifically that they think gender reveal parties are silly, but I think that’s their own opinion—and in my opinion, I love any excuse to have a celebration. :)

I feel honored that they are trusting me with their secret and letting me play this special role in their pregnancy story.  Whether they agree with the party or not, I plan on showing everyone attending a great time.

All of this is to say I may be a bit quiet here on the blog, my mind is elsewhere…But I can’t wait to finally reveal all the details…and of course the BIG secret too, whether I will have a little niece or nephew!!!

Have you ever attended a gender reveal party?  Any great ideas for me?

7 comments:

  1. I saw a cake in a magazine that had white frosting all over...you don't see the blue or pink inside until it's time to reveal the gender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I totally agree!! People could not believe I was throwing a gender reveal party....but yet, they wouldn't question it if I was throwing a party for, say a OSU game or something like that. Seriously, it is just a fun reason to celebrate and get people together! I'm sure it will be a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh!!! I saw that picture next to the post on bloglovin and thought that maybe you were preggers!!! It made me so excited for you! I guess I just have to transfer my excitement over to your sister. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, you're going to be an aunt!! That is so exciting and congrats to you and your family! That party sounds like so much fun and maybe it'll give you an excuse to go on Pinterest and look for party ideas. Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so exciting that you're going to be an aunt and so sweet that you're throwing a gender reveal party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute gender party idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FUN! Well, not that you are exhausted, but all the fun baby planning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)