Thursday, August 8, 2013

Liebster Award

I have been meaning to write this post for awhile now but have gotten so swept up by summer and haven’t had the chance!

A couple weeks ago Brittany at Everyday Thoughts by Brittany emailed me and let me know she nominated me for a Liebster Award.

I have seen these floating around the blog world every so often but hadn’t participated in one yet.  Because I personally love reading random facts about people, I thought I would finally do one myself!

Each nominee is tasked with choosing 11 more bloggers to nominate for the award.
Then you have to list 11 random facts about yourself, write 11 random questions for your nominees and answer the 11 questions given to you when you were nominated.

So here we go…

11 Random Facts About Ang:

1. I have never had the chicken pox.  Never.  In fact, when I was younger my mom would send me to other kids’ houses that had the chicken pox in hopes that I would get them… no such luck. (?) Finally, when I went to college I had to be vaccinated.  (Do kids even get chicken pox these days or are they vaccinated from the get go?)

2. I can stand on my head for a long time.  I used to do this a lot when I was younger, just stand on my head and watch tv.  I haven’t tried in awhile, but I think I could still do it.

pink walls

3. I love the color pink.  It’s my favorite.  I painted my room hot pink when I was in high school and then moved out a year late… (sorry mom & dad for the 12 coats of paint you will need to reapply to cover it up! :)

4. When I was little I wanted to be a veterinarian… but I never really liked any animals.  Needless to say, that didn’t work out.

5. I have a special place in my heart for the kids at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital.  I have done lots of fundraising work with them throughout my life and am seriously inspired by the things being done there.

via

6. My favorite book growing up was Silly Sally.  I still can recite it to this day from memory.  My best friend and I may or may not have acted it out once for a middle school drama class.

7. I have been blatting.  What is that, you ask? Well I can’t tell you, it’s top secret…but if you have the chance and someone asks if you want to go...just do it. :)

8. I found out I was lactose intolerant when I was like 13 or 14.  A lot of people find this funny because I love ice cream… but it had never affected me much.  As I’m getting older it is starting to affect me more, and I hate it.

262207_514330317223_4498151_n

9. On that note, peanut butter chocolate ice cream is my favorite followed by mint chocolate chip from B&R—and only from B&R.

10. I also really love macaroni and cheese.  I love to order it at restaurants and take it home as leftovers because I think it almost always tastes better the next day.

11. Actually… I just love leftovers in general, I usually always think things taste better the next day.  Of course every time I eat leftovers I am so shocked that I do think they taste better the next day, and Zack has to remind me that I say that all. the. time.

Questions From Brittany:

  1. Salty or Sweet? Depends on what you’re talking about.  Usually sweet, unless we’re talking breakfast…then it’s savory and salty.
  2. Name one of your blessings this week? I just had a fabulous weekend with Zack’s family and I have a couple things to look forward to in the next few days also… I am feeling very blessed in this season of life.
  3. How did you name your blog? I am a Harrell, and we live in Oregon, known for Mt. Hood. :)
  4. What's your favorite color? PINK! See above.
  5. What was your favorite childhood board game? I loved Monopoly and Life.  Also, the Barbie Game…anyone heard of it?  It’s not what you would expect, it’s a lot of fun!
  6. Cats or dogs? Cats. 
  7. What's your most memorable high school moment? I had a great time in high school, I loved most of it and had a lot of really great memories.
  8. Describe your dream date. Hmmm… Well there would be lots of food involved, maybe even a beach somewhere, and just quality time with the husband with no distractions. :)
  9. If you could drive any vehicle, what would it be? This is an awful question for me, I am not a car girl at all… When I was little my dream car was a minivan…I wish I was joking.  Now, I will drive anything that runs, I’m not picky.
  10. What's your guilty pleasure? Reality TV. 
  11. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I am pretty much loving my life right where I am… but if I could take all my family and friends with me I would definitely move to Maui, or anywhere tropical really.

My 11 Questions:

1. What is your favorite book that you’ve read recently?

2. What is your favorite TV show?

3. Favorite flavor of ice cream?

4. What do you order at Starbucks? (Or any coffee shop for that matter.)

5. Most inspiring song you’ve heard lately?

6. Favorite Bible verse or quote that is hitting home right now?

7. Something you would purchase right now if money was not an issue?

8. Something new you learned recently?

9. Favorite dinner meal?

10. Must-have beauty product?

11. 3 words that describe you?

My Nominees:

Kiki @ In Its Time

Rach @ This Italian Family

Amy @ Taking Steps Home

Julie @ an anchor for the soul

Kellie @ Nothing Less Than Bread

Katie @ Hope Engaged

Laura @ Oh Laura Darling

Susannah @ Simple Moments Stick

Jess @ (More or Less) Jess

Aubs @ Miculka Madness

Elle Alice @ {beautiful  h o p e}

6 comments:

  1. thanks for nominating me!!! totally doing this soon!! (planning on getting back to blogging regularly next week ~ life has been crazy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for the nomination, Angela!

    I, too, love leftovers. I used to hate them growing up, but ever since living in the dorms in college, leftovers are the best now (and home-cooking will never be taken for granted again!).

    And Monopoly and Life are two of my favorite boards games! I hardly ever find anyone who likes to play Monopoly these days. :) When I was younger, I used to pretend that the little plastic people were real people (like a doll house), and I used to drive them around the game board and everything...I was an odd child, I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure kids can still get the chicken pox. I got a very bad case of it when I was a baby, so I never got it again. Thankfully, I don't remember it, but Mom said it was awful.

    Also, I will admit that I googled "blatting" and I got nowhere. I'm sooo curious now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try Moosetracks ice cream if you like peanut butter and chocolate together...chocolate Moosetracks is especially good.

    My room was a similar pink once, but with thick orange stripes...no joke! It was based on a blanket set that I found at Wal-mart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you can stand on your head for a long time! What a silly and fun fact. Thanks so much for participating. I was so happy to nominate you since I'm a big fan of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nomination! Sorry I didn't see it until now. Blog reading fell on the back burner with all the Italy trip stuff, but I'm catching up now! :)

    I used to stand on my head as a kid too! I remember countless hours of entertainment of laughing at my siblings as we would take turns just hanging out upside down. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)