Friday, August 23, 2013

Special K Nourish [a review]

I am going to be honest with you… on days where I work early mornings—I usually don’t eat breakfast.

I know, I know.  It’s not a good thing, and it’s something I have tried to change…but it just has never worked out for one reason or another.

That is why when I was contacted by BzzAgent to review Special K Nourish bars and hot cereal… I was pretty skeptical.

I am not really an oatmeal kind of girl, I’ve never loved the flavor or texture and always found it kind of boring as a breakfast choice.  But this Special K Nourish promised to be different…

“Nurturing yourself is about eating right, not less. With Special K Nourish you can mix things up with a new kind of hot cereal – a unique multi-grain blend of quinoa, oats, barley and wheat. Each delicious flavor is a good source of protein, fiber, and vitamins A, C and E, so you can nourish yourself with a warm, nutritious start to your day.”

IMG_0590

I was given 3 flavors of the hot cereal to try, cranberry almond, maple brown sugar crunch, and cinnamon raisin pecan.

IMG_0591

Each flavor had some delicious mix-ins on top.  This was nice because I love a little added crunch… and for the cinnamon raisin pecan flavor—I could choose to omit the raisins which I am not a fan of.

IMG_0593

There was a line inside to show you exactly where to fill the water too, it was a very simple process.

IMG_0594

This is my maple brown sugar flavor with the almond mix-ins. The verdict?  Delicious!  I was very surprised how much I actually enjoyed this.  And it kept me full longer than other quick breakfast options.

My favorite was the maple brown sugar, but Zack loved the cinnamon raisin pecan flavor.

We both agreed that we would buy these on our own, they would be perfect to keep at work for a quick breakfast!

IMG_0592

As for the “added extra” Special K Nourish bars… I was not a fan.  They come in 3 flavors also, Cranberry Almond, Lemon Twist and Dark Chocolate Nut Delight.  I however, only got 3 of the cranberry almond flavor and I thought they were pretty gross.  The cranberry flavor was overwhelming and sort of tasted artificial to me, I would definitely not buy these myself.

I guess this BzzAgent box was just full of surprises for me. :)

As usual, I was not compensated in any way for this post.  I was sent these Special K Nourish products for free in exchange for my honest opinion.

---------------------------------------------------------

What’s your favorite quick breakfast food?

2 comments:

  1. Ooo... These sound great for people on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the honest review! I always appreciate a review where not everything is super glowy-perfect (unless the person really does just love the product that much). Helps me know I can trust you to give honest reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)