Monday, September 9, 2013

INFJ

Silly me, I thought once summer ended life would slow down… in reality, work slowed down but life sped up!  It’s so nice to not feel exhausted after work every day, and to be able to get things done around the house.  Not to mention, seeing my friends again has been wonderful!

Anyways, I really loved the sound of today’s Blogtember challenge, so I’m jumping in a little late… but that’s ok. :)

Today’s task was to “Take this short personality test and respond to your results.”

Being the psychology loving person that I am, I love taking these personality tests.  I find it interesting to see how the results can change based on your season of life.

Here were my results via this site:

INFJ

Introvert(22%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Feeling(62%)  Judging(89%)

  • You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
  • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
  • You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (89%)

via

The things written on here describe me, for the most part, really well!

“INFJs are distinguished by both their complexity of character and the unusual range and depth of their talents. Strongly humanitarian in outlook, INFJs tend to be idealists, and because of their J preference for closure and completion, they are generally "doers" as well as dreamers. This rare combination of vision and practicality often results in INFJs taking a disproportionate amount of responsibility in the various causes to which so many of them seem to be drawn.

INFJs are deeply concerned about their relations with individuals as well as the state of humanity at large. They are, in fact, sometimes mistaken for extroverts because they appear so outgoing and are so genuinely interested in people -- a product of the Feeling function they most readily show to the world. On the contrary, INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates."

I’ve always been able to relate well with others, and I have a strong empathy towards people’s difficult situations.  Although I do relate to others strongly, I myself usually only open up to those I am closest with.

via

I love reading about my personality type and realizing why I am the way I am.  I’m emotional? Yes!  But through that I connect with others… I’m controlling? Yes!  But with that I am great at making plans and throwing parties.

I would love to have Zack take this test and see what he is… Maybe I will learn something new about his personality and why he is the way he is. :)

What is your personality type?  Take the test here and report back!

4 comments:

  1. I'm an INTJ! Whenever I take these tests I'm either an INFJ or INTJ. I always flip-flop between "feeling" and "thinking", as I'm always borderline on either F or T. So, I relate to both I guess you would say. I hate that I didn't link up for this day of Blogtember, but I'm definitely going to do a post soon on my results. I love psychology, so tests like these always interest me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....although I'm just going off the results I had in grad school. I had to take so many tests so I could learn to administer them. SO MANY TESTS. (Thankfully, my MMPI came back normal! Haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are super similar! I'm an ENFJ, but my E is only slightly more than I. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)