Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Cakies [a recipe]

Hump Dayyyyyyy! :) (Confused?  See the hilarious commercial here.)

Today is a seriously exciting day for my family—we will be welcoming a new member into it!  One of my nearest and dearest will be bringing a beautiful baby girl into this world today and I am SO excited.  (Baby shower details coming Friday!) To celebrate, I made cookies!  No worries, friends… I will share the recipe with you.

To be honest, I feel silly even calling this a recipe… it’s 2 ingredients!  Spice cake mix and pumpkin, that’s it!  Almost too easy.  The outcome are these delicious pumpkin spice cookies… they are soft, moist and oh so scrumptious!  That’s why I decided to call them cakies instead.  They are more like mini cakes or muffin tops.

My college roommate and I used to bake these like crazy at the first sign of fall.  We would eat them for breakfast with our coffee, for lunch, for dinner, and for every snack in between…we were obsessed!  We would make them as muffins, which are great too, but I prefer this smaller form a bit more.

pumpkin spice cakies recipe

Ingredients:

  • one box spice cake mix
  • one 15 oz. can of pumpkin

For the frosting:

  • 4 oz. butter (1 stick)
  • 4 oz. cream cheese
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

IMG_0721

IMG_0722

Mix the spice mix and can of pumpkin together.

IMG_0723

It really is that easy!  Then place small scoops on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

Cook at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes.

Then whip up the butter and cream cheese for your icing.  Slowly add the powdered sugar, then the vanilla extract. 

Finally spread on your cooled cakies, I gave mine a dash of pumpkin pie spice on top just for looks.

pumpkin spice cakies 1

Easy peasy!

You could even probably cut the cream cheese frosting recipe in half.  I had a small jar-full leftover, which I plan to spread on… just about everything. 

-----------------------------------------

Although this is not a recipe I would consider a “go-to” recipe…(I save it for the fall festivity months) I am linking up with Kiki at In Its Time for “The Circle" this month. My go-to recipe of choice is chicken and white bean chili.  Feel free to check out that recipe, it’s delicious and the perfect meal for the cooler weather!

What’s your favorite fall food? Feel free to share the recipe!

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm for sure making these!!! And congrats on the newest addition!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. UM... YUM. I love anything pumpkin and these are easy enough! Can't wait to try these!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so delicious! And I love how simple they are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heavenly! I can't wait to make them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)