Monday, September 23, 2013

Wedding Week Day One [-the rehearsal-]

 

Happy Monday, friends! 

Today I thought it would be fun to start a little series to share some of my absolute favorite pictures and memories… from our wedding!

I have posted a few of our wedding photos before, but haven’t dedicated much time to elaborating on things.  Because September 30th will be our two year wedding anniversary, what better time?!

So, in honor of our second wedding anniversary, each day for the next week or so I will be writing a little tidbit about our big day.  I love re-living all this special moments, so I hope you enjoy reading about it too!

-----------------------------------

To start things off I thought it would be fun to document our wedding rehearsal.  I did not have a preference as to where our rehearsal would be, and Zack’s parents (as our wonderful hosts) lived 5 hours away so they did not know where in the area we would want it.  They pretty much asked us to pick a place and let them know—they are pretty amazing.

I’m not sure how we came to our decision—but we wanted to not go the traditional dinner route…we chose to have our post-rehearsal dinner at Grand Central Bowl in Portland.  They had a wonderful choice of food for a reasonable price, and because our rehearsal was a Thursday… there was not a ton of people around.  We had the whole upstairs area reserved for our party, complete with a bar, pool tables, and buffet line with tables to eat at.  It worked out so perfectly!  Everyone was so busy socializing and playing pool, no one actually ended up bowling.  But it was still such a fun atmosphere. 

425893_521794299343_779730813_n

This is the only picture we have from our actual rehearsal.  My sister did an amazing job collecting the bows and ribbons from my shower gifts, and turned them into this bouquet for the rehearsal!  The pillow is for the ring bearer, made by my grandma.

404900_521794603733_1406646186_n

This was at the dinner, Zack and I dishing up.

396207_521794578783_1960932810_n

After dinner we handed out our gifts to our bridal party and parents. 

407176_521794419103_1591660724_n

My lovely bridesmaids and I, with exception to one that hadn’t flown in yet.

429261_521794488963_1453687792_n

The bridesmaids, ring bearer and I.  My little Cooper loved all the attention from the girls.  He made friends with quite a few of them.

420207_521794389163_654458334_n

My sister, best friend and I.

421039_521794768403_1190875675_n

My grandma, my man and I.

It was such a fun rehearsal, the perfect way to celebrate with everyone before our big day!  It was in no way traditional, but I’d like to think we added our own style to it.

Stay tuned tomorrow for our getting ready recap!

Where was your rehearsal dinner at?

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a total blast! How fun having your rehearsal at a bowling alley! (Even if no one bowled) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Can't wait to see more of the wedding. Next to baby photos, weddings are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun!! What a great idea to have your rehearsal at the bowling alley! Ours was just at the church we were getting married in. We had a luau in the gymnasium which was pretty fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! i love the location you had, too. we had a rehearsal brunch directly after rehearsing at the country club we were (going to be) married at. you're pictures are so great, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)