Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Wedding Week Day Two [-getting ready-]

In honor of our second wedding anniversary, each day for the next week or so I will be writing a little tidbit about our big day.  I love re-living all this special moments, so I hope you enjoy reading about it too!

--------------------------------------------------------------

The night of our rehearsal dinner, my bridesmaids and I stayed the night in a hotel together.  My sister brought stuff for an awesome spa night where we did facials and relaxed together!

The next morning I was up bright and early, before my alarm, so I blasted my wedding mix on full volume.  Those lucky ladies got startled awake by this song, and me jumping on their beds.

To say I was excited would be an understatement. :)

Let’s start with the guys, because all they have to do is throw a suit on… At our venue there was a little saloon for the guys to get ready in. (Watch for it in tomorrow’s details post!)

Harrell-Minch 196Harrell-Minch 193Harrell-Minch 189

I thought it was funny how in 2/3 of the pictures the guys had women helping them get dressed. :)

While the guys were at the venue getting things ready, we went to the salon.  There, I got my hair and makeup done, and a few bridesmaids also got their hair done.

Harrell-Minch 205Harrell-Minch 251Harrell-Minch 200

The photographers arrived at the salon and started taking pictures of the bridesmaids and I.  They brought a dry erase board for people to write messages to us.  It was so great to look through our wedding photos and see these funny messages from friends and family throughout the wedding!

Harrell-Minch 201

My best friend!

Harrell-Minch 204Harrell-Minch 203

Harrell-Minch 249

Before we knew it we were all ready to head to the venue!  I made these tank tops for everyone. I wanted something everyone could wear again so instead of decorating shirts, I wrote their name and “bridesmaid” on a ribbon and tied it around the strap of the tank top.  It was cute, and they could re-wear the shirt. 

Harrell-Minch 245

We arrived at the venue and were whisked away to the bride’s room upstairs in the barn.  My mom helped me put my dress on…

Harrell-Minch 243

And my “something borrowed” her strand of pearls.

321275_2375923527616_686061509_n

And just like that, I was all ready to go!

Harrell-Minch 239

Before we left for pictures my mom gave me a card.  Inside was some really touching words, along with a lace handkerchief.  Sewn into the handkercheif was a piece of my baby blanket.  This was really sweet…anyone that knows me knows I LOVED my baby blankets, I carried them EVERYWHERE.  This little gesture made me lose it.

304024_2375922807598_1118927635_n303063_2375923047604_1128998791_n

After that emotional display I needed to touch up my face one more time… but then I was ready to go see my groom!

Stay tuned for more tomorrow!

See yesterday’s post all about our rehearsal dinner here.

3 comments:

  1. You are GORGEOUS! What a beautiful bride you made! Love your dress! And all these sweet shots of you guys getting ready! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, that bit about the handkerchief and the baby blanket made ME teary. Goodness. Also, your dress is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos. I like the idea the photographers had really cute. And I must say you are a stunner, absolutely a gorgeous bride. Your dress was fab your hair and makeup fab. Just beautiful. Two years can really fly by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)