Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Our 2nd Anniversary [recap]

Like I mentioned on Monday, Zack and I decided going into our marriage that we would alternate planning anniversaries.  This year was my year to plan…and I am super excited for our little getaway coming up…

However on our actual anniversary, September 30th, I didn’t have any plans!  We didn’t want to spend a whole lot of money, but we wanted to do something special to celebrate!

I decided to have a fall themed day full of festivities.  (Tongue twister?)

We started out the morning at my dear friend’s coffee shop where we wrote letters to seal in our box to open next year.

IMG_0839IMG_0840His and hers.

IMG_0841My sleepy face.

Then it was off to the corn maze!  I had been to the Corn Maize once before and knew it would be the perfect place!

IMG_0844IMG_0845IMG_0846IMG_0847IMG_0848

We had the whole corn maze to ourselves!  It has been pretty stormy weather lately so I guess no one wanted to get muddy.

IMG_0852

I wore my rain boots and rain coat, but we got there just as the sun broke.  It was perfect fall weather!

IMG_0850

Sadly this is the only picture we got at the finish, and my eyes are closed. :(

IMG_0851

Then we went to the little market at the corn maze there to pick out some fresh fruits, veggies, and cider!  We also picked out the perfect pumpkins to carve later this month.  They have very reasonable prices so we picked some pretty massive ones.

IMG_0853

After picking up a few groceries we head home to make dinner.  What’s better on a crisp fall day then some hot soup?  I made this recipe from Pinterest and it was delicious! I added probably double the amount of broccoli and it turned out great!

Then we sat on the couch, cuddled up, and watched our wedding video.  It was so funny to watch and reminisce together about our special day. The perfect ending to a perfect day! :)

--------------------------------------

Although our anniversary day was amazing, I just know our little weekend getaway will be even better. ;)

What fall activities are you looking forward to this year?

8 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a fun day! And that soup. Oh. My. I re-pinned it from you. I love me some Panera and really can't wait to make this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so precious! This seems like the sweetest and most perfect way to celebrate! Can't wait to hear about your getaway too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet anniversary day! I love that you got to enjoy each other and the lovely fall weather (and fall activities!). That soup looks amazing and I love that you write letters to each year, too. So many great things in one post, my friend. Happy Anniversary!!

    p.s. I love the new sidebar buttons on your blog! The font is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun celebration! I can't wait to hear about what else you two did! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a sweet day! I love a good corn maze!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful day. I love the letter idea! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an amazing day! Happy belated anniversary! I love that your wrote letters to each other for your next anniversary! Sweet idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable post! Congrats! I love corn mazes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)