“I’ve got sunshine, on a cloudy day…”
The funny thing is, it is actually cloudy today…but that’s not at all uncommon for Oregon now is it? :)
Now that you have that song stuck in head, let me explain…
The lovely Krista over at Life Somewhere in the Middle nominated me for a Sunshine Award. This is much like the Liebster Award that I have done previously, but I always love reading random facts about bloggers, so I thought I would participate!
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog. [check!]
2. Link to the person who nominated you. [double check!]
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself. [see below!]
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award and ask them 10 questions. [Wellllll… majority of my favorite bloggers have already done this, so I am going to bow out of this one. Instead I tag all of you! If you haven’t done this already, I happily invite you to participate in this challenge by answering the questions below on your own blog.] :)
1. What is your favorite thing to make from scratch? cooking, baking, etc.
Well, I am a big fan of cooking and baking. I have a lot of joy in the kitchen, and even more joy when I can successfully create a delicious recipe! (It’s the worst when they don’t turn out though!) Some of my favorite recipes are ones I have shared with you guys already like my mini quiches and chicken and white bean chili. These are both recipes I make time and time again and have had great reviews from others about them. Last night I baked these little cuties…
I will have to post about them soon, they are so delicious!
2. What is your take on zombies?
To be honest, I have no strong feelings about them. I am not obsessed with them like some people are, and I’m never seen an episode of Walking Dead. One thing I do know though is that I will never participate in one of those Zombie Runs. I would be terrified.
3. One place you would tell everyone they HAVE to visit because it's the best ever?
Maui. I am a little biased, but I LOVE it. Also Disney World—or Land. Some people say it’s not that great, and that infuriates me. I am a Disney girl, it’s in my blood…
4.What is your favorite holiday and why?
Christmas. Hands down. But I’m sure you already knew that…
5. The new years resolution you are trying to accomplish in the next 2 months?
My New Year’s Resolutions were great ones… and for the most part I feel like I have been doing great with them! I just want to follow them through to the end of the year—end strong. :)
6. You win the lottery, first thing you would buy?
This is boring…but I would pay off my student loans first! Such an annoying debt to have.
7. Your comfort outfit when you just want to get cozy?
Sweats and a sweatshirt. Or leggings and a cozy shirt—I just bought some fleece lined leggings yesterday. I told the lady I was planning on wearing them every single day. She laughed. I was serious.
8. What is your favorite movie?
This is soooo hard. I am an awful movie watcher. I fall asleep pretty much every time I try and watch one—theaters are not an exception to this. I am ridiculous. The one movie that I love to watch over and over again though is How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I’m not even sure why, but I just love it.
9. The one makeup item you cannot leave the house without?
Chapstick? Is that makeup? I always love to have my Burt’s Bees on hand. I have always had very pale skin and my whole life I’ve dealt with people always telling me I look tired or asking me how I got a black eye. (True story—and a word of advice, just don’t ask people that, it’s mean!) I used to always wear under eye concealer and mascara because of this, but since I’ve gotten glasses I’ve stopped.
10. Why did you start blogging?
To stay connected with out of town family and document memories. Read more on that here.
Thanks so much for picking me Krista! If you haven’t checked out her blog I definitely recommend it. She recently got married and I’ve been swooning over her wedding dress, it was gorgeous!!
Also—if you are interested in swapping buttons check out Friday’s post! I am so excited about it!