Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wedding Week Day Eight [-the exit-]

In honor of our second wedding anniversary, each day for the next week or so I will be writing a little tidbit about our big day.  I love re-living all this special moments, so I hope you enjoy reading about it too!

Ok, ok, so maybe I said wedding week and maybe I’m on day eight… but humor me for a couple more days ok?  There are just so many little moments that I want to document, ones that bring some serious joy to my heart!

So today we will talk about our exit, and then maybe tomorrow I will talk about the day after our wedding, and the next day about our honeymoon…then I will be done.  Promise! :)  I guess a week is 10 days long in my book.

--------------------------------------------------------------

When I was in planning mode for our big day I envisioned a grand sparkler exit much like the moments captured here and here.

What people don’t tell you, is that to get those clean, non-smokey sparkler pictures you need the metal sparklers—not the ones we had I guess.

This is all not to say our exit wasn’t grand…because it was.  Here’s proof:

Harrell-Minch 017Harrell-Minch 016

I guess the one job that my sister gave the groomsmen was to get the getaway car decorating materials… and they forgot.  This led to the groomsmen being resourceful with cake and toilet paper, it was one messy car!

Luckily the next day they cleaned it all off and the bridesmaids re-did it more tastefully with the traditional window paint and pop cans. :)

Harrell-Minch 015Harrell-Minch 013Harrell-Minch 014Harrell-Minch 007Harrell-Minch 011Harrell-Minch 005Harrell-Minch 004Harrell-Minch 002Harrell-Minch 001

And just like that, the best day of our life came to an end! 

But the festivities were not over…

--------------------------------------------

In case you missed it here are my previous recaps:
the rehearsal
getting ready
the details
the first look
the bridal party
the ceremony
the reception

2 comments:

  1. haha I love that the improvised with cake! that is amazing! :)
    And hey I think the sparklers turned out beautiful regardless of smoke or not!
    p.s. GORGEOUS dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Amy - I think the sparklers were still a winner even with the smoke!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)