Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Wedding Week Day Seven [-the reception-]

In honor of our second wedding anniversary, each day for the next week or so I will be writing a little tidbit about our big day.  I love re-living all this special moments, so I hope you enjoy reading about it too!

--------------------------------------------------------------

After being announced Mr. & Mrs. we were SO ready to celebrate with all our friends and family!  We were introduced while the DJ played this song, and right away we jumped into our first dance.

302610_516158543443_2132100367_n308715_2548311033638_415629866_nfirst danceHarrell-Minch 054

We danced to JJ Heller’s Boat Song.

Then I had my first dance with my daddy!

Harrell-Minch 040

We danced to Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.

Then it was time to eat!

297072_289813864363147_1120001805_n

Everyone says they never get a chance to eat at their wedding… this wasn’t necessarily the case… (obviously!)  I got a plate full of food, but the problem was that I just wasn’t hungry!  I was too excited and didn’t want to waste time eating. :)  I tried a few bites I think… but no worries, my mom packed us up a box of food in the car when we left!

The rest of the night was spent catching up with family and friends.  Honestly, I cannot even express how blessed we felt to have 250+ of our favorite people there to just love and support us.  I’m sure that was the only time in our lives where we will have everyone from every aspect of life in one room, all to show their support for our relationship!  Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. :)

And of course, we danced!

315805_2372928170023_1476166404_n

These are my oldest and greatest friends from childhood!  Just missing one, Kels where were ya?!

Harrell-Minch 019Harrell-Minch 023Harrell-Minch 026Harrell-Minch 028Harrell-Minch 037Harrell-Minch 045

Harrell-Minch 043Harrell-Minch 046Harrell-Minch 082

And then of course there were all the normal wedding shenanigans too…

Harrell-Minch 035Harrell-Minch 033

Funny story, my friend Kayla caught the bouquet… She was married just over a year later! :)

Harrell-Minch 062Harrell-Minch 031Harrell-Minch 041Harrell-Minch 066Harrell-Minch 042

And then just like that, it was time to leave…

--------------------------------------------

In case you missed it here are my previous recaps:
the rehearsal
getting ready
the details
the first look
the bridal party
the ceremony

7 comments:

  1. Such a sweet and fun reception! And I don't think I mentioned before, but your dress is so gorgeous! Stop it with these posts, I'm getting way too excited about getting married someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww it looks like you guys had a great time! I hardly had a chance to eat at our reception just because people kept coming up to congratulate us and I felt super awkward eating while they talked to us, haha! But it was definitely a fun time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a super fun reception, girl!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some awesome pictures from that day!! That really helps with the memories. I actually remember eating several helpings of food at our reception. We had a chocolate fountain, which was delicious, but I was nervous about getting chocolate on my dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a beautiful and fun wedding! I am getting married in March and I am worried because I hear so many people say they don't have time to eat on their wedding day! I really hope that's not the case for us either because we picked such yummy options! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED your wedding and had so much fun dancing at it! So thankful we got to be a part of your day.

    ps. I totally ate a huge plate of food at my own wedding. : / I'm an eater! And we paid good money for that food! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's a party! :) It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)