In case you are having a candy hangover after all of last night’s festivities, here’s a delicious recipe that you can make to help wean yourself off of all the sugar. Yes they have sugar too, and I am sure there are ways to make them more healthy… but this is the version we like in my house right now.
(But if you do find ways to “healthify” them I would love to hear—I just haven’t tried yet! :)
Anyways… these muffins are so delicious, not to mention they make your house smell delicious after baking them. They will not disappoint! :)
Makes about a dozen delicious muffins.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oil (I use coconut oil, but canola is ok too)
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (you could probably use plain too)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (or 3/4 cup regular sized chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all dry ingredients into a large bowl. That’s the flour, both sugars, baking powder, baking soda, & salt.
3. Combine all wet ingredients into a smaller bowl. That’s the egg, oil, yogurt, & vanilla extract.
4. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until moistened. It will seem a little dry at this point—that’s ok!
5. Mash bananas. My method is to put bananas in a small plastic bag and mash with my hands. You can leave some small chunks of banana if you want, but I like it without.
6. Fold in mashed bananas to batter.
7. Add chocolate chips. You can add more or less to your preference. I loveee the mini chocolate chips though!
8. Pour batter in greased muffin pan or reusable muffin liners. I love my reusable muffin liners which I purchased here. Best $6 I’ve spent in a long time. :)
9. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Click here for the printable recipe, or pin it by clicking on the picture, you should see the Pinterest hover icon.
What’s your go-to recipe for an easy snack?