Monday, November 4, 2013

Warby Parker’s Winter Collection

Happy Monday…I hope you all had a lovely weekend!

As I’ve mentioned before, I recently started wearing glasses…and I’m not thrilled about it.  I probably tell Zack once or twice a day how much I hate wearing glasses.  I wish I was kidding.

IMG_0236

However, I’ve learned over the past few months that wearing glasses has its perks.  For one, living around the Portland area, wearing glasses makes me ultra hip.  Especially if I pair them with a v-neck and some skinny jeans.

For two, I’ve stopped wearing makeup most days.  Glasses tend to hide my dark circles, and for that I am grateful.

So you see, glasses aren’t all bad—I’m learning to embrace them day by day… and I feel like the logical next step is to purchase another pair, one that has more of a unique style…my glasses now are a little too plain Jane for every outfit.

Lucky for me, I was contacted by a great company called Warby Parker, and I have the opportunity to help introduce their amazing new winter collection!

WP wc13 001

I had heard of Warby Parker before, more specifically about their awesome buy one give one foundation.

“Approximately one billion people don’t have access to affordable glasses. Glasses can increase one’s income by 20%, enable students to see a blackboard and offer dignity to those with poor eyesight. Warby Parker works with experienced non-profit partners to ensure that each sale of our frames will give someone in need access to affordable glasses.  We believe that everyone has the right to see.”

bapgap-grid-6via

If that weren’t reason enough to purchase a pair of their glasses, they are also extremely affordable!  Each pair—prescription or not are only $95!

Along with the affordable prices, they have this really convenient at home try-on system where they send you 5 pairs of your choosing, along with a prepaid return shipping label.  From that day, you have 5 days to try out the glasses and figure out which one(s) you want… then you just send the unwanted pair(s) back!  I don’t know about you, but I found it so difficult to pick a pair that suit me in just a few minutes, all while standing in a glasses showroom with salespeople picking things out for me.  This situation sounds much more comfortable.

So, if you couldn’t tell already, I’ve become a huge fan of Warby Parker after learning about the company’s core values and operations… and if you aren’t a fan yet, you will be after I show you my favorites from the new winter collection!

WP wc13 003

“Winter’s best diversions—doubling up on thermals, watching your breath steam up the window, scribbling through a Sunday crossword puzzle—deserve a proper pair of glasses to bring them into focus.

Our new Winter Collection is rustic meets modern: six new shapes in five new colors, including two custom two-toned acetates, in addition to some of our most dependably stylish frames in cold-weather hues. All frames are $95, including prescription lenses.

They make good companions for rooting around a bookcase, dashing through the snow, getting up to indoor mischief. The possibilities stretch on as shorter days give way to longer nights.”

edgeworth sage

First up is the Edgeworth, in the Sage color.  I love color of these frames!  A few of the other frames come in Sage, but the roundness of these frames is what sold me on these ones in particular. I think they are very feminine and would compliment the shape of my face well.  (These were also Zack’s favorites when he looked at the collection!)

Nash Greystone

In case you couldn’t tell, I am loving the grey tones in the winter collection, the Nash in Greystone is no exception.  I wear a lot of grey tones in the colder months, and these would look great with a lot of my favorite outfits.  They are a little bit like my frames now, but a bit bigger which I like.

durand saddle russet

My third and final favorite from this new collection is the Durand, in Saddle Russet.  I am loving the round shape—a big difference from my current pair of glasses and the Saddle Russet color is new and exciting!  My basic dark frames now are ok, but every once in awhile I think a fun pop of color would be a great addition.

----------------------------------------------------

A big thanks to Warby Parker for letting me help unveil the new winter collection…I see a new pair of glasses in my future. :) 

Be sure to check out the rest of the collection here!

**All opinions are 100% my own.  I was not compensated for this post, I just genuinely admire the company and their buy one give one foundation.**

4 comments:

  1. Aww... I'm sure you look super cute in glasses! I can't wait to see which ones you pick out. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glasses aren't that bad at all!!! And yup - the make up thang....a great perk :)
    Love the nash - i'd like to get a more squareish frame next....which ones did you choose? gotta show of those new specs with a pic :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is awesome. I've never heard of this company, but I desperately want a new pair! I am loooonnggg overdue for a new pair.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)