Friday, December 6, 2013

FOREO LUNA Mini [a review]

Throughout my life I’ve had few major issues with my skin.  The occasional breakout sure, but I was lucky enough to struggle with bad acne or too dry or oily of skin.

My skincare regimen usually just consisted of washing my face in the shower each day and that’s it… and maybe it still does today?  I usually don’t even remove my makeup before I go to bed, but I’m working on it… Mostly because my pillow cases get filthy.

All of this is just to preface the fact that when reviewing the Foreo Luna Mini, (via BzzAgent) I didn’t think it would make much of a difference… but (spoiler alert) I was pleasantly surprised!

source

The LUNA mini is a little device that channels transdermal sonic pulsations across the skin’s surface.  (Basically, it vibrates…)  The “brush” part of the device is made of 1,300 silicone touch points which exfoliate your skin leaving it silky smooth!

What is strange about the LUNA (but also super convenient) is that it is charged via your USB cord hooked up to your computer.  Each time you charge it, it lasts up to 300 uses—making it great for travel.  You don’t have to change the bristles at all, in fact there’s a 2 year warranty included and a 10 year quality guarantee.  That in itself is worth the price to me.

When using the LUNA mini you just apply your normal cleanser first, then turn on the device and start scrubbing! There are 2 different settings, one faster setting and then a slower less intense setting perfect for delicate areas, like under your eyes.

source

Because I usually only wash my face once a day in the shower, I stuck to that routine… the LUNA mini is 100% waterproof so it was perfect!  After the first day using it I noticed that my skin was seriously soft!  I thought maybe that was going to stop after using it multiple times, but after over 2 weeks of use I am still surprised of the softness.  I’m a big fan.

Normally the LUNA mini retails for $139…which seems like a lot, but compared to other devices like this (the Clarisonic was the only one I’d ever heard of) it’s not bad at all.  The Clarisonic goes for $99 right now, but you have to replace the brush heads every 3 months and that adds up.  The LUNA mini is nice because you’ll never have to replace anything!

To give you 100% transparency I will tell you there was one thing I was greatly disappointed with… I chose to receive the bold magenta color and they sent me this pale pink color that I don’t love.  Yes, this problem is tiny and shouldn’t matter so much—but it did to me… this is something I am planning on using for a long time and I would have loved a bright fun color.

You win some you lose some I guess. :)

5 comments:

  1. Never heard of this! Thanks for sharing!! Dang wrong color, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting, I've never seen this! Will definitely have to look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was pleasantly surprised by mine too! And finally, just learned it tells you when to switch areas so you go through the other cycle haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm glad to know i'm not the only person that doesn't wash their face before bed... oops! maybe if i had a cleansing brush this fun i might change my mind??

    ReplyDelete
  5. i had never heard of it sounds interesting though would be interesting to try to see if i kept using it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)