Monday, December 23, 2013

Winter Bucket List Check-In & a recipe!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve! :)  I can hardly believe Christmas Eve is TOMORROW!  I can hardly contain my excitement. 

That being said, I thought I would do a quick little check in to see where I’m at with my winter bucket list…

Visit Peacock Lane. Friday night Zack and I embarked on a Christmas date night.  We had the best time!  First we went to my best friend’s coffee shop and got a peppermint bark mocha—heavenly!!  Then we drove into Portland, grabbed some Thai food and found a parking spot on the Columbia river to watch the Christmas Ships!  This wasn’t on my bucket list but it totally should have been.  It was amazing!  After the little parade was over we went to peacock lane, then on our way home we stopped at a house that has a light show set to their own radio station!  It was truly such a memorable night, one of my favorite date nights ever. :)

collage1. Peacock Lane. 2. & 3. The house near Peacock Lane where we got engaged!
4. The light show house.

Hot cocoa with peppermint marshmallows. I’ve had plenty of cocoa this season in my Christmas mug, but no peppermint ‘mallows…yet.

Visit PIRWe decided to cross this off our list, we did the Christmas ships instead.

Decorate my cozy little abode.  I sure did.  See all our decorations here!

Drink as many peppermint white mochas as I can get my hands on.  I have definitely had my fair share of these.

Visit the Christmas tree downtown.  Not yet!

Cut down our own Christmas tree.  Sure did!  Read about it here!

Snowboard. A lot.  The mountain has to have sufficient amounts of snow first, which it does not… hopefully soon!

Help put together community Christmas baskets. This is a no-go this year. :( They closed it off to the community for some reason, but we are hoping to do this next year.

Visit the mall at least once and see Santa.  Sadly this never happened, and probably won’t this season. :(

Stroll through the snow.  This requires there to be snow first… I’m hoping for at least one good snowfall…still.

Tubing.  Still hoping to go Cosmic Tubing this season, but see above. :)

Fireplace snuggles & s’mores.  Not YET!

Make a digital Christmas CardStay tuned, you might be seeing this any day now… :)

Listen to Christmas music for 25 days straight.  You’d better believe it!

-----------------------------------------------

Tonight I’m hosting a little get together for my friends from high school that are in town, and I made a delicious little treat to snack on.

peppermint white chocolate popcorn

Ingredients

1 small bag white chocolate chips

Popcorn!

Peppermint shavings

Directions

1. Melt white chocolate chips on stove in double broiler.

2. Pop popcorn.

3. Drizzle white chocolate over popcorn in a bowl, then sprinkle peppermint shavings on top.

4. Mix.

5. Spread on a cookie sheet and place in refrigerator to dry.

6. Enjoy!

-----------------------------------

Not much of a recipe, but it’s so simple and seriously delicious! I definitely recommend that you try this sweet treat.  I made it for my sister’s baby shower and it was a huge hit!

What’s your favorite sweet Christmasy treat?!

5 comments:

  1. What a fun list!! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the list of things still left on your bucket list makes me *very* excited for you - looks like you have to pack a lot of fun into the next couple days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thai food, Christmas lights, peppermint mochas? Sounds like my kind of night!

    You have a great Winter List! Hope the snow comes soon for you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That date night sounds perfect!!! I'm glad you're enjoying your Christmas season. Have an amazing Christmas day, dear girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have accomplished SO many things off this list already! I'm super impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)