Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Winter Bucket List [and one year!!]

I didn’t want to make a big deal of it BUT… Today is my one year Blogiversary!  Instead of writing a post about it I wanted to link you to this post by Jess.  While reading it I continuously was nodding my head agreeing to every word… Thank you for reading my blog, it has truly been such a wonderful year of reflection and inspiration for me!  Your sweet words and constant encouragement have made this blogging journey more than I ever expected. :)

Anyways… on to the real post…

--------------------------------------

christmas love

Christmas is my jam.

I’m all about the winter festivities that come with this magical season… so in order to not miss out on any of it, here is the bucket list Zack and I have come up with:

Visit Peacock Lane. Peacock Lane is a great place.  It’s a little neighborhood that gets allllll decked out for Christmas.  We went there a lot when I was growing up… and that is where Zack proposed.  It’s a very special place and I love going every year.

Hot cocoa with peppermint marshmallows. Have you guys seen these things?  They look delicious…and I must try them out soon!

Visit PIR –Portland International Raceway also has a pretty great Christmas display, and you can pile people in your car and drive through.  A Christmas must!

Decorate my cozy little abode.  I want to thoroughly decorate our little home!  I can’t wait!

Drink as many peppermint white mochas as I can get my hands on.  Christmas in a cup… and sadly, no one makes them quite like Starbucks.

Visit the Christmas tree downtown.

Cut down our own Christmas tree.  This is Zack’s idea… I’m ok with going to a random tree lot, but he insists on doing it the “right” way.

Snowboard. A lot. 

Help put together community Christmas baskets.  I used to do this a lot when I was younger with my mom.  I would love to start the tradition with Zack.

Visit the mall at least once and see Santa.  Just see him, I don’t want to sit on his lap or anything… maybe just wave? :)

Stroll through the snow.  This require there to be snow first… I’m hoping for at least one good snowfall.

Tubing.  Last year we went Cosmic Tubing and it was so fun!  I would love to go again, and bring Zack this time!

Fireplace snuggles & s’mores.  Nothing says winter like a roaring fireplace.  I don’t love having fires, I prefer the heater… but at least one is necessary for the winter stretch…and I love me some s’mores.  Maybe with peppermint ‘mallows for an added bit of Christmas joy.

Make a digital Christmas Card—Last year we mailed out Christmas cards, but this year we have a tighter budget, so I’m hoping to just email them out... Or post it on here and send the link?  Tacky?  Maybe, but better than nothing! I just want the fun of making one. :)

Listen to Christmas music for 25 days straight.  It will probably end up being more than that seeing as I started listening to it before Thanksgiving… but the 25 days before Christmas is a necessity!

--------------------------------------------

What’s on your Winter Bucket List?!

11 comments:

  1. such a wonderful bucket list- i just might steal zack's "cut your own tree" idea - it sounds like so much fun! and peppermint white mochas are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, sky-dive, learn how to square dance, compete in a hot dog eating contest... and other odd things. Ha! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 These are great! I love that a lot of these are so close to home for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect list! After reading this list of yours, I realize just how much I need to make one of my own. And someday I will go out and chop down a tree and listen to Christmas music for 25 days straight, too. I LOVE that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would LOVE to be back in the snow. As long as I didn't have to shovel it, I would love to be back in it. It is so pretty!

    Also, he proposed at Peacock Lane??!! That is adorable and sounds perfectly like you guys. :) Is there a link to that engagement story? Because, I totally want to read it. :)

    Uhm. I love Peppermint Mochas, but NEVER thought of getting one in a white mocha! This is genius and now that I work at a coffee shop, I'm going to have to try and make one. :)

    At least see Santa once. Yes, definitely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great list! I'm not quite a fan of peppermint though. But Cosmic Tubing looks really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooove this list! Christmas is such a wonderful time of year and I love how much fun you have crammed into this month! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy one year blogaversary!!! Maybe it's time I come up with a bucket list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute! i want to add some of these to our list! xo

    the well-traveled wife ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like looking at the mall Santa from a distance, too! Some seem a little more authentic than others, to be sure! :) Happy one year of blogging to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm a new reader and... peacock lane! that means we live in the same area!! have you ever been to the grotto? its a good one for the holidays too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)