Friday, January 31, 2014

My First Stitch Fix

Let me preface this post by saying I am not a fashion blogger.  And on that note…I am not a serious person.  I have problems taking serious pictures, and that reflects in this post.

Anyways.  I was super excited to order my first Stitch Fix.  Have you heard of it before?

“Stitch Fix is a personal styling service. You tell us your style, size, and budget preferences, and we send you a package of stylish goodies to try on at home. Each Fix is unique and hand-picked just for you.”

I was surprised at how detailed the questionnaire was about my clothing preferences.  I knew this would be good.

You initially pay $20 to order your fix, but that money goes towards purchasing items in the box.  You can also write special comments when you order your fix.  For instance, since I am heading out for vacation tomorrow (!!!) I mentioned I would love some clothes for my warm weather getaway.

Here is what I got in my first fix:

stitch fix

kinsley cut out neck line blouse

I loved this idea of this blouse.  Loved the color, and the style… unfortunately it was a little big.  I like looser fitting clothing, but in this case it was too loose.

striped skirt

My Stitch Fix “stylist,” Adrienne, wrote that she picked this skirt out because she noticed a similar style on my Pinterest.  I thought that was pretty amazing that she took the time to look at my Pinterest style board at all, and I LOVED the skirt.  I also dabbled with a little pattern mixing here… Thanks for the inspiration, Sybil! :)

tank top

This tank top was something I definitely would not have picked out myself, and that’s part of what makes Stitch Fix so fun… you get to try clothes that fit your style profile but that you might have overlooked shopping for yourself.  I ended up loving the loose fit of this tank top and decided to keep it.

dress & cardigan

I loved everything about this maxi dress, but unfortunately it was just a tad too big for me.  I almost talked myself into keeping it anyways, but I knew I wouldn’t wear it much if it didn’t fit right.

The cardigan is 3/4 sleeves which I liked.  It is super cozy, and the front draping makes it a unique style.  This is also an item I wouldn’t normally have chosen for myself but I ended up liking it a lot.

With each article of clothing you get a little card showing you ideas of what to mix your pieces with.  The top right card is a note from my stylist explaining why she chose each piece for me.

Overall, I loved my first Stitch Fix.  I loved that it forced me to branch out of my style comfort, and I actually ended up with 2 pieces I wouldn’t have normally chosen for myself.

The price is a bit steep for my taste, the dress was $68 and all the others $48… so it wouldn’t be something I do regularly, but it is a fun once-in-awhile treat!  I will say that each article of clothing was high-quality material and probably worth the money.

After choosing the pieces I wanted to keep, I mailed back the others in a prepaid bag provided by Stitch Fix.  I then went online to “checkout” and pay for the items I kept.  The $20 went towards the 3 items I kept, and if I would have kept all 5 items I would have gotten a 25% discount!  If the shirt wasn’t too big I would have seriously considered keeping the whole box, it would just be most cost effective… right? ;)

-------------------------------------------------

Have you ever gotten a Stitch Fix before?
If yes, were you happy with your picks?  If not, are you interested?

5 comments:

  1. I love that tribal print tank!! That is totally something I'd wear! And the maxi dress is super cute on you! Too bad it was a little too big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing about and seeing it, I eventually need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sad about that first shirt because it's ADORABLE! can you request sizing changes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been on the fence about stitch fix for a while, but i think you've convinced me to try it out :) still loving your new hair cut- and hope you're getting pumped for your vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like so much fun! I have never heard of it before. But, I LOVE that tank top and that maxi dress. I wish I was a little taller in order to pull off the maxi dresses, I feel like they just make me seem shorter, idk. haha

    This seems like a great idea though! I would definitely be interested, because it's like having your own personal shopper! And how cool is that? Very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)