Monday, January 27, 2014

Short hair don’t care

2 years ago (and about 4 months) I married my best friend, and my hair looked like this:

wedding hair

The point of that picture is to show that I had a lot of hair…  I was planning on cutting it after the wedding, but my hair had never been that long before and I just wasn’t ready to part with it yet.

For the longest time I wanted to grow my hair long enough to donate, so that was always the plan… I just had to be brave enough to cut it!

birthdaythe night before

Well, folks… that day finally came!  If you follow me on Instagram you probably know this already, but for those of you that don’t… here are some shots of the new ‘do.

hairdayhaircut

I am donating my hair to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program.

“Beautiful Lengths is a partnership between Pantene® and the American Cancer Society®, the largest nonprofit health organization committed to saving lives from every cancer and improving the quality of life for people facing the disease. The role of Pantene is to help women grow long, strong*, beautiful hair and provide the funds to turn this hair into free, real-hair wigs for women with cancer. So far, Pantene has donated 24,000 free real-hair wigs to the American Cancer Society’s wig banks, which distribute wigs to cancer patients across the country.”

It’s such a great cause, and I am so happy to be a part of it.  I am definitely loving the change, but it takes some adapting… I have been wasting a lot of extra shampoo in the shower. :)

--------------------------------------------------

Have you ever donated your hair? 
Would you ever consider growing it out to donate it?

PS—Congrats to Jess for winning my birthday giveaway!  Check your inbox. :)

8 comments:

  1. ahh I LOVE IT! I'm growing out my hair now to do the same!!! I've done it once before and have been growing it again to do the same. You look great with short hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been growing out my hair for a few years now and it's starting to get pretty long and I'm going to keep it long for my wedding but someday I'd love to get a short cut again! You look so unbelievably cute with that length! Such a good choice and good cause :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Good for you, girl :)
    P.S. Love the new 'do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!! Your hair looks amazing!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! I have actually donated my hair as well. I had the plan to grow it out and donate it for awhile when I was in college. Well, one night we were bored and my roommate was like, "hey! Do you think your hair is long enough yet?" I still wanted enough to where it would be at my shoulders at least, so we measured it. Well, long story short, my best friend and college roommate cut off 12 (TWELVE) INCHES!! of my hair. Thankfully, it was still at my shoulders and she did a great job cutting it. I donated to the Pantene Program as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair was beautiful long, but it looks great short too! Good for you for donating it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's so touching that you cut your hair for charity- i wish i could grow my hair long enough :) also, you are rocking some awesome tights!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's quite a cut all at once! I've never had truly long hair--and I'm not sure I ever want it to be very long--but you look great with both long and short hair!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)