Friday, February 14, 2014

A Valentine’s Day Surprise #okaytocry

I’m baaaaaaaaack! :)

IMG_2047

Or I guess I should say, Aloha! We had such an awesome trip to Maui, you guys.  I can’t wait to give you all the details… Soon, I promise!

But since it is Valentine’s Day I wanted to share with you a little project I surprised Zack with the other day.

Now, typically we don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day.  We are a pretty mushy couple in general (and by that I mean I am a pretty mushy person that oozes my love for people…) I love to show Zack I love him year round, not just on Valentine’s Day.

But when Cardstore contacted me with a little Valentine’s Day challenge, I gladly accepted… and immediately started putting my plan into action.  The idea all started with these free printable love notes from Cardstore.

 

My challenge was to leave one (or more) of these notes around to surprise my dear sweet husband.  I thought of a great idea… but wasn’t sure if I would be able to pull it off.  I enlisted the help of my partner in crime…aka my cousin, Jessie.

IMG_2214

First, I should rewind a bit and preface this story by telling you a bit about the night Zack and I got engaged…

I mentioned before that we got engaged at Peacock Lane… but that’s not the whole truth.  Really we got engaged in front of a random house just down the street from Peacock Lane… Zack, knowing how much I loved Christmas and Peacock Lane specifically, made this great plan to propose at Peacock Lane in front of all the wonderfully decorated houses.  But he had never actually been to Peacock Lane before and panicked when he saw all the people there.  We had nearly made it back to the car after strolling through the festive neighborhood when he pulled me towards a plain looking house, barely decorated. 

IMG_2217

I was confused because we had just seen all these extravagant houses filled with lights, but yet Zack seemed most excited about this poor little home off the beaten path with just one strand of icicle lights hanging from the gutters.  We stopped to gaze at the lights and he asked me, “What do you want more than anything in the world for Christmas this year?”

First of all, I was not 100% sure I was getting proposed to… I knew he had been thinking about it, but didn’t know it was happening right then.  Secondly, even if I knew I was being proposed to I wasn’t about to say that I wanted a ring!  That’s rude…

So naturally, I was honest, and spit out the first item on my Christmas list that year…

A toothbrush sanitizer.

[source]

Poor, poor Zack. 

Luckily he gave me a couple more chances and after indicating that it could be anything in the world I mentioned I would also love a new car and world peace…

I think Zack had almost given up on me entirely when finally, I took the bait and said I wanted to get married to the love of my life and live happily ever after.

That was more along the lines of what he was looking for.  He got down on his knee, said some mushy words, and the rest was history. 

417719_521797238453_1659253925_n

At least it is a funny story, right?  For the record I did indeed receive a toothbrush sanitizer for Christmas that year and upon opening it in front of my entire extended family I started crying and yelled, “Best Christmas EVER!”  I wish I was making this up.

Anyways… back to the point of this post.  I enlisted the help of my dear sweet cousin Jessie to hang this wonderful Cardstore love note in front of the little house where Zack proposed.

jessie

The hard part was getting Zack there… we don’t live in Portland anymore so I had to get him to take a trip into town, and then convince him to get out of the car and walk around this random neighborhood in the rain.  Bless his heart.

zackerlovenote2lovenote

I wish I had a video of his reaction, he was so surprised!  We were walking by, and when he saw the sign he stopped dead in his tracks.  He was so confused, but he loved it. :)

IMG_2223IMG_2224IMG_2226

I was extremely happy to be able to surprise him, and show him in a clever little way how much he is loved.

Happy Valentine’s Day, Zacker! I love you… wayyy more than my toothbrush sanitizer. :)

Thank you to my sister from anotha mista, Jessie, for helping me pull this off and Cardstore for the opportunity to do so!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever pulled off a big surprise for someone?!

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Hope y'all have a fun day celebrating! Love the surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!! That's so awesome that you truly pulled off the surprise!! And I love hearing the story about the toothbrush sanitizer...hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH! I love this story! Angela, you are so creative! I love how you can make even tooth brush sanitizers romantic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny! a toothbrush sanitizer? thats one of the best proposal stories i've ever heard! but that was also a super sweet valentine's day idea! bravo for that one!

    rachel
    thegystofthings.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutest! I smiled the whole time I was reading. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your toothbrush sanitizer. Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, that toothbrush sanitizer response is hilarious. And priceless. And unforgettable. :)

    What a fun Valentine's Day surprise and (along with the yummmy looking Valentine's Day you had, too!). :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)