Sunday, February 9, 2014

Best Vacation Spots [guest post-Beautiful Hope]

If you don't have the itch to travel already... you definitely will after this post!  The lovely Elle is sharing some of her favorite travels with us today, it makes me want to travel more... and I'm still on vacation! :)

In case you forgot, a few amazing bloggers will be taking over the blog this week while I'm spending quality time with my family on vacation! I hope you enjoy these posts as much as I do! :)
 
Make sure to check out all the other guest posts by clicking here!
 
xoxo-Ang

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone! I am Elle of {Beautiful Hope} and I am hopping over to Angela's blog today to hang out a bit while she is on vacation! Speaking of vacations, I want to share some of my favorite photos and memories from last summer's trip to London, Paris, and the French Riviera. So get your passport ready and put on some comfy walking shoes, because we are flying straight to the land of royals, history, and relaxation.

first stop: London, U.K.
What a delight, you've landed on royal soil. What do you want to do first? Sip afternoon tea at Kensington Palace, try to get a glimpse of the queen at the gates of Buckingham, stroll through the countless museums, pedal through the lush royal parks, or sight-see atop a double-decker bus?
Our daytrip to Bath, land of Jane Austen novels! 
 National Gallery. Get lost in the beautiful art [my favorite is impressionism]
 Float below it or ride atop it; it's hard to miss iconic Tower Bridge in the skyline.
My personal favorite sight in London, Big Ben and Parliament. 
Did you bring your binoculars? Sorry to say, the Queen is not in today!

 Queen Victoria in her stately Kensington Palace, now home to the newest baby royal,George Alexander Louis.Yikes, don't forget your umbrella! Expect rain showers at any point, even in August!
 Visit Windsor Palace and break the rules by taking photos inside...Just don't let anyone catch you! Stroll down Windsor's "Long Walk" and sit down for a quick photo (watch out for joggers and bikes!)

 Isn't it a beauty?  Get some rest and get ready...

next stop: Paris
City of love, croissants, macarons, fashion, and Monet. Don't worry if you get lost amidst the beauty; you're sure to find a tiny hidden cafe or dainty shop that you can rave about. Visit the churches, museums, and parks . . . just make sure you leave time for a sunset, gelato, and the Eiffel Tower. 


The above photos are all from quant Montmartre. It's a must see!
Paris from atop Arc du Triomphe

 Parisian sunsets are perfection
Countless masterpieces at the Louvre . . .
. . . and the sculptures of a genius at Musee Rodin
You must take a day trip to Versailles! SO much to see, including the l'Orangerie and the Queen's Hamlet. 

last stop: Côte d'Azur
After two beautiful, yet very busy cities, you want to finish off your trip with some swimming in the Mediterranean  meandering down cobblestoned streets of yesteryear, and pedaling along the boardwalk. You'll never want to leave!
Thank you for joining me on a little trip back to Europe! It was three weeks of adventure and relaxation. If you'd like to see more photos from this trip, be sure to visit the posts on my blog!

Where's your favorite place to travel?!

5 comments:

  1. this all makes me so jealous in the midst of this winter storm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are addicted to traveling :) Our faves are New Zealand and Croatia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just searching online for some fun places to travel, while it's cold and snowy here in Utah. The photos are gorgeous. Europe looks so warm and inviting. At least, I can live vicariously through your post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Europe! You have me ready to go back! Gorgeous shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elle, of course I love this post. Because I love your blog and looking at all your fantastic photos from your travels. I live vicariously through you until I'm able to do some traveling of my own. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)