Thursday, February 6, 2014

Peace it all Together [guest post]

Today I am thrilled to introduce you to one of the kindest bloggers I know.  I met Sybil when she was paired as my "mentor" blogger, and she has grown into a great friend!  If you haven't checked out her blog yet, I highly recommend that you do! :)
 
In case you forgot, a few amazing bloggers will be taking over the blog this week while I'm spending quality time with my family on vacation! I hope you enjoy these posts as much as I do! :)
 
Make sure to check out all the other guest posts by clicking here!
 
xoxo-Ang
 

-----------------------------------------------------------

In early December, Angela wrote a post that inspired me. In it she shared several reasons why she writes about Jesus. I'm Sybil. My blog is Peace it all Together. And, I write a lot about Jesus. However, until reading Angela's post, I had never really thought about why. As I contemplated what to write for my guest post today, this topic immediately came to mind. So, here it is, for all you Harrells on Hood readers, why I blog about Jesus...
HE WANTS ME TO When I first began blogging, I felt it was a call from God. I wasn't sure why I needed to do it, but it felt right. The more I wrote, the more God asked me to write about Him. And, the more I wrote about Him, the more I realized that I loved it. I love being able to share my faith with others, in a way that is real and raw, both when I'm struggling or when my prayers have been answered.
God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us.
1 Corinthians 12:6 (NLT)
IT IS WHO I AM I could not blog about my life or my experiences without including Jesus in the mix. He is a part of me, and has been since I was seven years old. I can't write apart from Him. It's just not possible.
So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:27
IT HELPS ME  Bringing God's light to others is one of the ways I experience His light even more. There have been many times when I have shared my thoughts and reflections on a Bible verse or a song, in order to encourage someone else. As a result, I end up feeling encouraged. Going into God's presence for others, helps bring me closer to Him.
...I don't just do what is best for me; I do what is best for others so that many may be saved.
1 Corinthians 10:33
I WANT OTHERS TO KNOW HIM Although each person's faith experiences may be unique and my relationship with Jesus Christ may not be the same as yours, I want you to know Him as I do. It's the same reason I would introduce one friend to another or recommend a good book to someone. When something or someone has made a difference in your life, you want others to know it, in hopes that they will desire it too.
It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always prodcues fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
Isaiah 55:11 (NLT)
Peace it all Together is where I tell my story. And, a big part of that story is Jesus. I am just one witness. But, sometimes that's all it takes. Just one seed planted, that God can harvest into something wonderful.

3 comments:

  1. I love Sybil and love you both even more for writing for HIM!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you say about it being who you are. That's so true! Being a Christian is part of every faucet of our lives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!!! Writing for Jesus is so important!!! He will use it for His glory!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)