Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Peppermint Patty Brownies [recipe guest post- oak + oats]

Boy, are you guys in for a treat today.  I sure hope you're hungry because the wonderful Beth from Oak + Oats is sharing one of her favorite recipes. I seriously can't wait to get home and make these myself. :)

In case you forgot, I am having a few lovely ladies take over the blog while I'm away on vacation.  I truly hope you enjoy these posts as much as I do!
 
xoxo-Ang
 
----------------------------------------------
 


hello! my name is Elizabeth and i blog over at Oak + Oats. i am so excited to be guest posting here at Harrells on Hood! i love winter and the new year and snow and making treats and staying warm and feeding friends and drinking hot cocoa and such. i wanted to share with you my mother's secret recipe (that is all over pinterest now) because it is so easy and a great go to dessert for the winter season! 

i make easy treats. i am not much of a baker/ cook / person who enjoys spending time alone in my kitchen. these brownies are right up my ally because they are seriously the easiest thing ever. also, they are a Ridings family tradition. my mom made these all the time growing up - school snacks, bible study dessert, birthday foods, potlucks, and all that. probably because she is a lot like me!
 

WHAT YOU NEED:
- box of brownie mix (& required ingredients)
       vegetable oil
       2 eggs
       water
- bag of york peppermint patties

WHAT YOU DO:
1. mix together the brownie mix following the instructions on the box
2. put in the oven for a couple minutes less than the box tells you to
3. when the timer beeps, add unwrapped mints to the top of the brownies
4. put back in oven for 3-4 minutes
5. use a spoon (sprayed with pam) to spread the melted mints on top of the brownies
6. let cool & enjoy!!!! 
 





 
www.oakandoats.com

What's your favorite easy dessert to make?!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your recipe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all about easy recipes! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks so good! (and i'm thinking this would be a great valentine's day recipe too.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)