Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My Seattle Weekend

best friends

There’s something to be said about the bond you hold with your best friends.

This past weekend was spent up near Seattle with some of my favorite ladies in the whole wide world.  We pretty much just lounged around the house and laughed… for about 2 days straight.

It is so comforting knowing that after not being all together for over 2 years, we can still pick up right where we left off, there was never an awkward moment.

Instead of chatting in one of our college apartments as single women, we were sitting in the house of one of my amazing friends, with her husband and newborn baby nearby. Life is so strange.

It’s fascinating to remember the times we sat around dreaming about our future husbands and where we would end up, and now here we are… All married or in a serious relationship, and much different than we were back then.

Although we all have grown and shifted as people, we have managed to stay close as a core group of friends, and for that I am truly thankful.

It is such a blessing to have people that know you inside and out… that know my heart.  They know why I am the way that I am because they have watched me grow and become who I am today. 

They have struggled with me through difficult life changes, cried with me when life didn’t go as planned, spoke truth into my life numerous times, answered countless questions with no topic off limit, laughed uncontrollably with me on a regular basis, and overall just loved me unconditionally through it all.

I am truly thankful for these women, and feel as if they bring so much life into me.  I came back from this weekend feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and better person because of the time I spent with them…

That sounds silly, but I am serious.  After spending time with those who love you for you, you remember what life is all about.

----------------------------------------

Of course I missed my husband a lot, but he knows these little weekends away are good for my soul. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a wonderful weekend! I have besties from college that I still get together with every year and it's crazy how much we have all changed over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a perfect weekend! I need to plan one, I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend, that baby. OHH my gosh. in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and great weekend! So glad you got to go!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet words! I value each and every comment and do my best to respond to them all via email--so be sure to leave your email address. Hope you have an amazing day! :)